Mouth hunger - how to manage it?!?!

Options
emmab0902
emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
Hi everyone

I have a huge problem with mouth hunger - wanting to eat even if I am not truly hungry. It's the process of eating, of having something in my mouth that is my biggest challenge. And chewing gum doesn't help.

Does anyone else struggle with this or have you found a way to conquer it?

Replies

• CaityGracie67
    CaityGracie67 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely the same and have been struggling with this recently! I'm just trying to acknowledge my stomach hunger instead😅 I find if my mouth is hungry then I tend to be bored or not doing anything productive, so perhaps keep yourself busy?
  • msanz
    msanz Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I found sunflower seeds really helped me with that...its a "busy" food. I became worried about the sodium so now I replaced sunflower seeds with raw flax seeds. I keep a bowl of them to snack on like some people keep candies!

I have also heard of people eating those dehydrated shrimp...they are supposed to be all protein!

• gottswald
    gottswald Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    A big breakthrough for me was realizing that exhaustion created insatiable cravings. Once I understood this, I was better able to reduce their effect and to modify my behavior to avoid it. Understanding your psychological hungers will hopefully do the same for you. If you're hungry and 'off schedule' (not a meal time) then examine why.
  • Neightyre29
    Neightyre29 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When I reduced carbs (not cut out) and reduced sugar (also not cut out), introduced better nutrition (a daily salad and fish x2 a week), hydrated very well, exercised daily and slept regularly... my cravings disappeared. I didn't fix each thing all in one go. First started with hydration, then better nutrition, then exercise and with that came sleep. I guess it's true my body was missing something or many things. Good luck!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    personally I'm a fan of gum or flavored water (stuff like the mio drops that you just squeeze into your water)