Looking to reduce meat/dairy intake.

Options
Hi I'm trying out vegan/vegetarian meals to lower cholesterol and general ethical reasons. Looking for vegan/vegetarian friends with open diary's so I can get a sense of what that looks like in real life. Please add me if this matches your lifestyle and you are open to it.

Replies

• wimpywrx
    wimpywrx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have just switched from dairy milk to almond milk and have started a lower my cholesterol diet. Almond milk is actually very nice. Feel free to add me as diary is wide open
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been a vegetarian for about 6 months now and I really enjoy it :) I have an open diary and love sharing recipes. If you see anything you want to try or have any questions, just send me a message ^_^
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I've been veg for over a decade, and try to keep my dairy low since it's a migraine trigger for me. My diary is open, so feel free to poke around. You might also want to check out the Happy Herbivores group.
  • thegreatcoyote
    thegreatcoyote Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    grimendale wrote: »
    I've been veg for over a decade, and try to keep my dairy low since it's a migraine trigger for me. My diary is open, so feel free to poke around. You might also want to check out the Happy Herbivores group.

awesome thanks fro the tip!
  • swiftyl
    swiftyl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I went predominantly veggie at start of the year again for health and ethical reasons. I'm UK based though so not sure our products are the same, but I'm a big convert to Quorn products (much bigger range than when I was veggie 25 years ago). Love me a quorn quarter pounder in a lettuce wrap or spiced steak strips in a wrap (kinda like a doner kebab). I'm trying to eat less carbs, but guessing you can't go wrong with pasta dishes (I avoid them as I tend to over eat them, same with toast!).
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I don't use a diary but every day I have brown rice ramen with 150 cals of tofu. You can find these individual packs of ramen at Whole Foods or Walmart in the Asian section. They come with a seasoning packet and the sodium isn't too bad (700mg but I only use half and it suits my taste just fine). The tofu bumps up the protein and calories. It's a good little meal.

The one I buy is on the left and it's 100% rice.

LotusRiceRamenLG.jpg
  • thegreatcoyote
    thegreatcoyote Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    I don't use a diary but every day I have brown rice ramen with 150 cals of tofu. You can find these individual packs of ramen at Whole Foods or Walmart in the Asian section. They come with a seasoning packet and the sodium isn't too bad (700mg but I only use half and it suits my taste just fine). The tofu bumps up the protein and calories. It's a good little meal.

The one I buy is on the left and it's 100% rice.

LotusRiceRamenLG.jpg

that looks good! thanks!