Swapping back to mfp 100% after a year on WW HELP

size102b
size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
edited July 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi I use mfp along side WW ( uk ) I have lost 28 lbs on keto in a year before I started WW then on WW I’ve lost 45 lbs on WW in 11 months so 73 lbs in nearly 2 years lost but I keep plateauing I think as although I’m strict the WW concept of fruit veg and lots other foods aren’t pointed has plateuaed me.

I still don’t know how much to eat calorie wise or macros for another 35 lbs to lose ?

Can anyone help me please ?

I have mfp set at 1200 and I eat back a small percent of exercise calories as I know my Apple Watch or mfp exercise calories aren’t 100%

Any really good calculators out there for me to lose weight by

I’m 50 in October
I’m 5 ft 2
I’m 171lbs ( was 244lbs heaviest and 216lns last August )
I am a uk size 12-14 = US 8-10

I work on my feet In a restrurant 3-4 evenings a week.
I do 2-4 high impact Zumba classes a week
I average 14000-25000 steps a day

I just want to get to Goal to many years yoyoing and I lose weight slowly.
I have a lot stress and insomnia

I have ibs d bad so am limited on lots foods.

So o am looking at macros and calories I should be eating to lose 1-2 lbs a week.

Thankyou

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,931 Member
    edited July 2019
    At your weight and with your normal daily activity (your job/home chores/steps) -

Set your Goal to "Lose 1 pound per week."

Choose the "Active" activity level.

On Zumba days, eat 300-400 calories more. Just log it as "Exercise" and eat what it says.

The default macros are fine. It's about calories for weight loss.

Eat that amount and log everything for a month before you make any other changes.
  • cmriverside
    MY HOME > Goals > View guided setup:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided
  • size102b

Thanks your a star 🌟
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    Macros are important for satiety but not for weight loss. Ketoers can lose weight eating 5% carbs and vegans can lose weight eating more than 60% carbs.

With only 35 pounds to lose, set your weekly weight loss goal to lose a pound per week.

Do you use a food scale? If not, that could be the source of your difficulty.
  • size102b
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Macros are important for satiety but not for weight loss. Ketoers can lose weight eating 5% carbs and vegans can lose weight eating more than 60% carbs.

With only 35 pounds to lose, set your weekly weight loss goal to lose a pound per week.

Thankyou for replying. Yes I’m ultra strict I seem to plateau when I up exercise I lose inches but scales stay the same I don’t eat more though.

WW said we can have fruit veg chicken eggs fish as much as we like but I knwonrhis doesn’t work for me as my age and yoyo history and I need to be ultra strict so I’m 100% mfp now
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member

Are you sure you're plateauing? You have lost a lot of weight very quickly so its natural it will slow down a bit. Perhaps you dont need to change anything?
  • cmriverside
    size102b wrote: »

Thankyou for replying. Yes I’m ultra strict I seem to plateau when I up exercise I lose inches but scales stay the same I don’t eat more though.

WW said we can have fruit veg chicken eggs fish as much as we like but I knwonrhis doesn’t work for me as my age and yoyo history and I need to be ultra strict so I’m 100% mfp now

I could easily eat 3000 calories per day with those guidelines.

I agree with Kshama, get a food scale.

Eat more on exercise days. That is the way this site calculates your calories needed to fuel your body properly for exercise.
  • size102b
    size102b wrote: »

I could easily eat 3000 calories per day with those guidelines.

I agree with Kshama, get a food scale.

Eat more on exercise days. That is the way this site calculates your calories needed to fuel your body properly for exercise.
    I don’t eat what they advise I log in here and use a food scale and measuring jug for liquids
  • size102b
    nooboots wrote: »
    Are you sure you're plateauing? You have lost a lot of weight very quickly so its natural it will slow down a bit. Perhaps you dont need to change anything?

45 lbs in 11 months isn’t fast ? Yes I stop losing weight when I up exercise has happened exactly the same twice this year :(
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    I think I misunderstood you, I thought you said 28lbs and then 45lbs in 11 months.

Anyway you know you will retain a bit of water when you increase or change your exercise and that could mask a slow loss of .5lb a week?
  • size102b
    nooboots wrote: »
    I think I misunderstood you, I thought you said 28lbs and then 45lbs in 11 months.

Anyway you know you will retain a bit of water when you increase or change your exercise and that could mask a slow loss of .5lb a week?

Ahh I have edited it sorry no 2 years

Yes hopefully it’s so frustrating lol

Thanks