2 weeks in and emotions

Options
I'm 2 weeks into my latest weight loss adventure and as usual my emotions are starting to cause me to want to give up but I can't. I know what I want out of this and I refuse to give up but I'm not sure how to push past it right now.

Replies

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    For me early in my sister recommended a couple of podcasts she found. So I started listening while walking any time I felt “on the ledge” which was often. I started with WhysAdvice by Fatdag and picked up several others here and there. Other times I would just go to bed really early so that I could stop thinking about food.
  • meganhirschi31886
    meganhirschi31886 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like that idea thank you
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    What's making you want to give up? <3
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I always found when I pushed past temptation or wanting to quit it actually made me stronger and dieting got easier each time a did..and it will for you too. If you keep on your path, the bad and negative feelings will pass. All you're left with is a sense of accomplishment and a result of actually losing weight because you did.

It starts a new pattern of cause and effect. "I stayed on my plan, now I've lost a pound or two this week." It is so much better than caving in...over eating..hating yourself..gaining more weight and feeling weak and helpless.
    As we all say here..because we know it is true. You can do this!
  • meganhirschi31886
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »

Not being able to eat my emotions. Worries my husband won't like me thin ( he's into thick women).
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    Sometimes you have to be selfish. I'm sure your husband would be happy to have you healthier. ❤
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to find another outlet for your emotions, so that you don't need to rely on food as much. If not, you're going to have a whole heap of feelings you aren't used to facing.

Therapy? Art? Yoga? Prayer? Meditation? Knitting? Journalling? Whatever works for you!
  • meganhirschi31886
    Options
    Maybe you need to find another outlet for your emotions, so that you don't need to rely on food as much. If not, you're going to have a whole heap of feelings you aren't used to facing.

Therapy? Art? Yoga? Prayer? Meditation? Knitting? Journalling? Whatever works for you!

Oh I know and I'm working on finding what works for me now I just need support and motivation to stay at it cuz it's getting hard.
  • Pickle107
    Pickle107 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Take it a day at a time. Celebrate every day you come in at your calorie goal. If you slide, then it's only that day that needs to be affected. You have a completely clean slate the next day. Take pride in making healthier choices or saying no. Others might try to guilt you or make you feel bad but you have to be bull headed and keep your goals at the top of your mind. Also, it's not a 'weight loss adventure'- or your latest. That suggests you'll fail or there's room for failure (in a global sense- day to day, we all have days that don't go to plan). Phrase it as the new normal you. You're finally trying to think and act as a healthy weight person does. You have to do it to be one. Don't give yourself the option of failing. Make yourself a pinterest board with the clothes you'd like to wear or the things you'd like to do when you get smaller. That's fun to do.

Also, if you worry that your husband would find you unattractive at a healthy weight, you need to think of all the reasons he does find you attractive already, and will still be there if you're smaller like your character and sense of humour. If he's larger himself, maybe you could try and encourage him to join you? Sometimes spouses don't like weight loss as they feel threatened that you'll get more self esteem and run off into the sunset with someone slimmer. If you have a strong relationship, then talk to him about your fears and ask for support.
  • meganhirschi31886
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »

Not being able to eat my emotions. Worries my husband won't like me thin ( he's into thick women).

Well this worry already happened only lost 25 pounds since my birthday in March and he's already been talking to other women. Wtaf?!
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    Dump the bum. 😠
  • vggb
    vggb Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Don't allow him to sabotage you, emotionally or physically. It's a manipulation on his part and very passive aggressive. Sorry, I use to counsel before I retired after I burned out because of people like him. It's easier for him to address and control your issues than his own. :s
  • WonderBBW
    WonderBBW Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Most men ain’t *kitten*. Not all. Focus on you. You got this.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    So does your husband love "you!" or overweight women in general? I know it is hurtful..and that you love him. But if he truly loves the real you... thin or overweight... it will not matter. And if he is eyeing other heavy women..you have a bigger problem than losing weight.
    I think many of us are thinking the real weight you need to lose is the husband (that's if he is looking at other women and not supporting you).

You deserve to be loved for you and to be the healthiest you can be to enjoy your life. :)