Why do people love horror movies?

Options
1sphere
1sphere Posts: 4,112 Member
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/07/070725152040.htm

I found this interesting, it's a strange but real side to human nature. Read the article.

Are you happy to be scared? Are you a fan of horror movies?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Endorphin rush. Like being scared on a rollercoaster.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I've loved them since I was a kid. I'm fascinated by special effects and monstrous suspense.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    "Horror" is my favourite too, ever since I was a little kid. As an adult tho, I often find sci-fi and thriller types scarier. I want my "horror" believable and to not end happy.

I remember visiting my dad, being like 5 or 6 and hiding behind the couch watching movies I picked because they scared me so much, I'd just peek my head out every once in a while. My brother preferred the shoot 'em up action type of movies. My grandmother was disapproving of both, but my dad let us rent whatever we wanted.

When we were a bit older I no longer hid, but my brother and I laughed at all horrors, not scared at all but found then funny. Same with action mass killing type movies. My mom was disturbed by this...were just desensitized.

"We know the difference of real vs fake, mom" is what I told her.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    It will differ from person to person. There is likely a “release of adrenaline” aspect to it but also a fascination with the unknown/supernatural.