Lord help me

I just can’t seem to get this dieting weight loss journey going. It used to be so easy for me to lose the weight. I’m feeling so frustrated and a little out of control. I don’t know which healthy diet to follow. Here is a pic of me when I was thin and a pic of me now. Hate the way I look nowryeknwjg5082.jpeg

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    I'm there right now.

As was said above me, all we can do is what we can. I don't believe in following particular "diets." Paying attention to macro nutrient intake, paying attention calories in / calories out, and making sure to stay active is my goal. I also like intermittent fasting, but it's not really a "diet" per se.

We got dis!
  • bishopjulia
    bishopjulia Posts: 205 Member
    Been there.

Just start, that's all you can do today.

One day at a time. It's a process. There WILL be days when you eat way more than you plan. Log it anyway. Logging food is the easiest way to keep it in check. Be reasonable, start with "lose one pound per week" and see how that goes. Being too aggressive can lead to uncomfortable, unmanageable hunger and then failure to stick to it.

Just eat the foods you like in the portions that fit into your calories. That's it. Then study your FOOD page and think about which foods left you feeling satisfied and also think about where you can make small changes to shave off a few calories here and there. I think too many changes all at one time are too hard.

Slow and steady. :)

I think I make things more complicated then they really are, thinking I must make huge changes, thank you for your insight ☺️

Ps I start to panic and then spiral downwards 😬

• novio50
    novio50 Posts: 778 Member
    I would suggest that you love yourself first, as you are. And that you accept where you are now in life. Once you get that down, you get in the mindset that you love yourself and you want to change. Then it becomes less of a numbers and more about the journey of who you're becoming (what you've learned, the frustration, the progress, the residuals, etc.)

You'll enjoy life more and end up less frustrated.

something I learned when I dropped my 1st 50lbs.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Beautiful lady! Both pictures.
  • bishopjulia
    novio50 wrote: »
    I would suggest that you love yourself first, as you are. And that you accept where you are now in life. Once you get that down, you get in the mindset that you love yourself and you want to change. Then it becomes less of a numbers and more about the journey of who you're becoming (what you've learned, the frustration, the progress, the residuals, etc.)

You'll enjoy life more and end up less frustrated.

something I learned when I dropped my 1st 50lbs.

Loving myself is a daily struggle (gone through lots) some days are better then others. Today is just one of those not so good days. Thank you for the encouragement and trust me you are absolutely correct.
  • bishopjulia
    Beautiful lady! Both pictures.

Thank you ☺️

• JordanS9592
    JordanS9592 Posts: 94 Member
    I just can’t seem to get this dieting weight loss journey going. It used to be so easy for me to lose the weight. I’m feeling so frustrated and a little out of control. I don’t know which healthy diet to follow. Here is a pic of me when I was thin and a pic of me now. Hate the way I look nowryeknwjg5082.jpeg

I have lost and gained 40 pounds three times in the last 2 years. Trust me, I feel your pain. Don’t give up. Keep fighting. You can do it. It won’t be easy. But it is possible. One day at a time.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    You look so beautiful.. you have wonderful hair too. You don't look like a fat person at all. Im not ignoring your pain... I m just giving you my first impression from your photos. Maybe you're being hard on yourself and self critical. If you have weight to lose.. you know you can do it.. cut yourself a break..I agree you need to just love yourself and do it for that person you love. you. good luck.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    I just want to say you are beautiful then AND now...
  • meganhirschi31886
    meganhirschi31886 Posts: 30 Member
    You're so beautiful in both photos! But you can do whatever you put your mind to if you truly want it! I had excuse after excuse for many years and I now have ran out of excuses and I'm struggling now with wanting to give up but I haven't and I want to encourage you to get it cuz you got it!
  • DivaDreamer77
    DivaDreamer77 Posts: 76 Member
    Best quote I heard, "it's a slow process, buy quitting won't speed it up".
  • goatelope
    goatelope Posts: 178 Member
    Me too!

I am finding this so difficult. I think I’ve lost maybe 1 pound per week, it’s very slow and I used to be able to lose so easily.
    Trechechus wrote: »
    I'm there right now.

As was said above me, all we can do is what we can. I don't believe in following particular "diets." Paying attention to macro nutrient intake, paying attention calories in / calories out, and making sure to stay active is my goal. I also like intermittent fasting, but it's not really a "diet" per se.

We got dis!
    Trechechus wrote: »
    I'm there right now.

We got dis!

• goatelope
    goatelope Posts: 178 Member
    Ppl here are very supportive. I think you look gorgeous in both photos. Feel free to add me x
  • OtherBill23
    OtherBill23 Posts: 24 Member
    You’ve started and that’s huge. Best of luck on your journey.

Also..agree with the above. Both photos look great. :-)