I just went to McDonalds and I'm actually proud...

odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
I live less than a block away from a McDs. Oy. Anyhow, I just went and got my giant diet coke.

Came home and toasted my english muffin.

Did you see that? There wasn't a McSandwich in there anywhere! *LOL*

Replies

• Knny79
    Knny79 Posts: 3
    Good job!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    good for you! Now look out for the diet coke police.....they're sure to yell at you for having it....yikes!

I'm proud of you, it's hard to leave the fast food joint without indulging in their "food" LOL
  • odusgolp
    good for you! Now look out for the diet coke police.....they're sure to yell at you for having it....yikes!

I'm proud of you, it's hard to leave the fast food joint without indulging in their "food" LOL

The diet coke addiction and I will someday spar :) someday *LOL* but not today :drinker:
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    yup the diet coke police have arrived id rather you went out with a mcmuffin than the soda
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    bahaha, you are better than me! My kids told me yesterday we are having donuts for breakfast. Um, no. I ate McDonald's grilled chicken, had a large Dr. Pepper and 4 glasses of wine. While it fit, I am not making room for donuts or kolaches. I'll make eggs and turkey bacon and drink water.
  • myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    that's great! that's hard to do... you should feel proud! I know I'd have a hard time with a mcDs that close! :)
  • odusgolp
    yup the diet coke police have arrived id rather you went out with a mcmuffin than the soda

I KNOW! That Diet Coke has SOOO many more chemicals than the McMuffin...

Wait a second.... :huh:
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    I can't have diet coke.....it makes it VERY hard to control the sugar cravings! I'd rather not deal with that. But, I'm not diet pop police. I'm happy because I can go there and just get a hamburger and small fries! I am so glad I don't live that close to a McD's! I do live about a mile away from one and that's bad enough!
  • odusgolp
    I can't have diet coke.....it makes it VERY hard to control the sugar cravings! I'd rather not deal with that. But, I'm not diet pop police. I'm happy because I can go there and just get a hamburger and small fries!

That's interesting to me, actually. As someone with zero sweet-tooth except for my diet coke, that never would have occurred to me, actually.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    I live a block away from a Mickey D's AND a Chinese take-out place...Chinese food is my Kryptonite...I love it, but it does not love me.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    these are my proud days too....when I can buy food for my son and husband and only get a diet coke for myself!! And even better when I don't munch on any of their fries on the way home. :noway:
  • odusgolp
    I live a block away from a Mickey D's AND a Chinese take-out place...Chinese food is my Kryptonite...I love it, but it does not love me.

Tell me about it... within one block - Big Buritto place (it's awesome), Pizza place, Subway, Chinese take-out, and McDonalds. It's all a little mini-strip mall thingy. Pure. Evil.

My goal is to move 10 miles from ANYTHING *LOL* kidding :)
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    soon as i hit my goal im going to get a large mcD's fry and no1 will stop me ;)
  • keola64
    keola64 Posts: 207 Member
    I feel you there,good job!
  • Very Good, theres too many take out places near where i live