ugh! Knee surgery/Vacation

Ugh!!! So this past week I've had knee surgery and a 4 day mini-vacation to Atlanta. I ate all the good Southern foods while not being able to exercise/walk much. I feel so lazy!

On the flip side, I only gained 4 pounds when I though I for sure gained a lot more than that and some of it is probably water weight.

I wish I could get back to exercising/walking like I was before this surgery/vacation but my husband keeps telling me to take it easy. Grr.

Replies

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    yep, with exercise on hold you will need to pull back on the intake. See if you can lose a pound just on diet alone.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Hey, not a bad gain considering. You probably did well moderating portions at least.

Surgery sucks, but it's definitely better to let it rest and only exercise per doctor's instructions. I tried pushing it one time several years ago on a minor hip injury and turned it into a moderate hip injury that still occasionally pops up as stiffness.
  • shcgiebs
    shcgiebs Posts: 41 Member
    I just had a meniscus tear repaired in April. I had the other knee done last May. I ended back up at the ortho 3 weeks ago. Still not better, even worse! I continue to do band stretches, ice and elevate. Calling him back tomorrow. I can't deal with the pain. I either have another tear or...?