How many hours do you wait between meals and snacks?

What’s your eating schedule like?

Replies

• Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    I dont really time mine. I eat breakfast at work, usually between 6 and 7. That lasts me until about 11 when I eat lunch. Then sometimes i have a snack at 2. I'm home by 430 most days, and always have something small as dinner around then, also because I'm about to do my workout and dont want to be sluggish.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    I don’t snack & try to have several hours between meals I fast from at least 7pm until 9-10am.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Breakfast is usually between 9-10 am, lunch is whenever I can squeeze it in, dinner is usually 7-8 pm. Most days I have a green smoothie between breakfast and dinner. I don't normally snack during the day unless I'm at the pool then I'll have fruit or veggie straws. I've mostly cut out after dinner snacking.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I usually eat every 2-3 hours

Breakfast around 7-7:30
    Snack around 9-10
    Lunch around 12-1
    Snack around 2-3
    Dinner around 6-7
    Snack around 9-10
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Breakfast around 7 a.m.
    Snack around 9:30 a.m.
    Lunch 11:30 a.m.
    Snack 2:00 p.m.
    Supper 5:00 p.m.
    Snack 8:00 p.m.
  • Samantharavenclaw84
    Samantharavenclaw84 Posts: 161 Member
    This time of year I just wing it. Breakfast between 7 and noon, lunch is about 2 or not at all and dinner is between 5 and 8. I have a snack if I'm hungry but not ready to cook.

During the school year breakfast is either at 6:45 or 8, lunch is between 10:30- 12:30 (I don't get to pick my lunchtime and my school starts staff lunches at 10:30. Last year it was at 11:45) usually have a snack about 2, dinner at 5:30 and sometimes I have a treat after depending on if I want it.
  • MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    Breakfast 6am
    Lunch 1pm
    Afternoon Snacks 5pm
    Evening snacks 7pm
    Dinner 9pm
    Bedtime Snacks 12am

The more snacks the less i feel hungry =)
  • gottswald
    gottswald Posts: 122 Member
    About every 3 hours. My gap between my first and second meals can get a bit bigger some days. I have 'meals' and 'snacks' and try to keep the calories evenly spread and protein in each.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I rarely snack since starting this woe. My meals keep me satisfied.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I very rarely snack and tend to eat at 7 AM, 11:30 AM and 5:30 or 6 PM, especially Mon-Fri I am on that schedule almost always.

Weekends it might shift a little to 9 AM, 1 PM, and 6-7 PM.

This works for me and I'm the type who is completely dissatisfied by doing a bunch of snacks or "mini meals" even though it works well for others. I'd rather have more volume in my lunch and dinner along with a small (200 cal) breakfast. If I have an after dinner snack it's usually in the form of something sweet like ice cream, fruit or chocolate eaten at the end of my dinner or within 1 hr. Then I brush/floss and don't eat again 'til breakfast.
  • katiesmom_99
    katiesmom_99 Posts: 87 Member
    Breakfast is between 8 - 9AM. Lunch can happen any time between 11 - 1PM. I'll have a light snack like a piece of fruit or a cheese stick around 10:30 if I know it will be later. I try to have dinner no later than 7 and then a sweet treat or a cup of chocolate milk around bedtime. If it's going to be more than 4 or 5 hours between lunch and dinner, I'll have a serving of peanuts in the afternoon. I also count alcoholic drinks as snacks if my calories allow.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I don't snack.

Monday through Thursday (unless I am traveling early in the morning), I tend to eat at 6:30, 12, and 9.

Friday through Sunday (and when traveling), I tend to skip breakfast. On Friday/Saturday, it's because I usually have a larger (and often earlier) dinner. When traveling, I will often skip breakfast because I have to leave at 4:30 or 5 and am not hungry yet, and besides it gives me more flexibility if I end up with not great choices for lunch or dinner.
  • justanotherjenn
    justanotherjenn Posts: 64 Member
    Like 2-3 hours most of the time. My meals are scheduled around what I do during the day and what time I wake up in the morning. So, it's mostly:

6-7am - Coffee w/protein shake
    9am - Breakfast (a small one)
    11am - Banana (pre workout snack)
    12pm is my workout
    1pm - Lunch (post workout meal)
    3pm - Optional snack (about half the time)
    5-6pm - Dinner

I can't digest large meals at one time, so I have to split it up like this.

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Never more than 4 hours without protein. Often up at 8, breakfast 8:30, lunch 12:30, dinner 4:30, 4th meal between 8:00 and 10:00. Bedtime 12:00.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited July 2019
    I refuse to put time limits on my eating. I eat whenever I want to. That said, I usually don't eat breakfast or lunch usually just eat dinner and dessert and a late night snack. But I don't put myself in a box with that. Sometime, if I want I'll have breakfast, skip lunch and then have dinner and a dessert or snack or sometimes I'll have breakfast and lunch and skip dinner and have a dessert or late night snacks, there's a million combinations to how I eat. I eat one or two meals per day usually, but if get a hankering, I'll have three meals per day. I love eating this way, such freedom it is for me not to be regimented, but everyone is difference of course!

I also rarely if ever have snacks during the day--snacking all the time helped me to become obese. I like late night snacking, so I will have a dessert and/or late night snack just about everyday.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited July 2019
    I usually have breakfast not long after I wake up for the day (typically 7:30 AM). I don't always have a morning snack, but if I do it's yogurt, Built Bar, fruit, or cottage cheese around 10 AM. Lunch is anywhere between 12 and 1:30, and I'll want a mid-afternoon snack to carry me through until dinner, so I'll either do pretzels, air-popped popcorn, or something sweet to ease the stomach grumbles as I don't eat dinner til around 7 most nights (6:30 on weekends). And I always end my night with dessert directly after dinner, as I try not to snack after 8:30.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Work days:

8am breakfast
    12pm lunch
    2 to 4 pm, snack
    7 to 8pm, dinner
    9pm, dessert
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    I'm currently doing IF and only eat during a 6-8 hr window (usually noon to 6 or 8pm) and do not eat anything else during the remaining 16-18 hr period.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    during the work week it's usually something like this:

6am - breakfast
    10-10:30am ish - first lunch
    anytime between 1 and 2pm ish - second lunch with a 'dessert' (depends what time I get to the gym at lunchtime)
    6pm - dinner

on weekends I tend to wait until later to eat and then have less meals of bigger proportions

8 or even 9 (rare) am - breakfast
    12ish - lunch
    3 or 4 pm - mid-afternoon snackish
    6 pm ish (but flexible) - dinner

I rarely eat very late. But i go to bed a t granny o'clock too, so like 9pm is a late night for me.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I don't time my meals - I start eating when I get hungry during the work week.

Also I don't snack, but I usually have 4 - 6 hours between 2 larger balanced meals. Mini meals and snacks didn't satiate me.

The weekends varies depending on what I have going and my activity levels.