How many calories do i need to eat.

According to my fitbit versa i burn around 2000 to 2700kcal with and without a workout. So obviously lower kcal on the days i just go to work. How many kcal do i need to eat for me to be able to efficiently lose weight. Please help, numbers really confuse me and my dycalculia doesnt help either.

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    What did MFP day when you told it your stats and goal?
  • alexandravictoria88
    alexandravictoria88 Posts: 138 Member
    It says 1200 but im struggling with that one. I workout 4 x a week too and find that 1200 is just not sustainable for me. Unless I'm being a greedy ..... lol. I need to lose 4 to 5 kgs to reach my goal. Im 159cm and 57 kgs.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    MFP is designed such that you also need to eat your exercise calories on top of the 1200 that MFP allocated per day. I'm roughly the same stats as you and also allocated 1200 cals by MFP, but yesterday's gym session (a long time on the cross-trainer whilst the tail end of the cricket was on) gave me enough extra calories to have bolognese and pasta for dinner. I had around 1700 calories in total.

Or, as PAV8888 says, eat up to 500 calories less than what your Fitbit is telling you.

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    It says 1200 but im struggling with that one. I workout 4 x a week too and find that 1200 is just not sustainable for me. Unless I'm being a greedy ..... lol. I need to lose 4 to 5 kgs to reach my goal. Im 159cm and 57 kgs.

It appears you don't have the accounts synced then.

Because if Fitbit said you burned that much - MFP would have said your eating goal was higher.
    Or are you reading the line or your Food Diary wrong where it says Left to Eat?

And ditto's to picking the slowest rate of loss - that's reasonable for the amount you have left to lose.

Also means with little wiggle room you'll need to log your food accurately. Which means by weight if you aren't.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    250-500 less than your fitbit tells you is a good place to start. Sync your fitbit and enable calorie adjustments and eat all your calories.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member

With so little to lose, you should only be aiming for 0.25-0.5kg per week. Also, your MFP calorie goal does NOT include exercise, so whatever goal you get would be for non-exercise days. You need to either log your exercise and eat back some of those calories, or sync your Fitbit with MFP so it will give you more calories as your activity increases over the activity level you set on MFP.
  • alexandravictoria88
    alexandravictoria88 Posts: 138 Member
    Thank you everyone. I know what i need to do and lets hope i get this right this time lol