today i ate a bunch of crap

Options
today i ate a bunch of crap i had chocolate , bread bacon and sausages for breakfast and througout the day will i be okay because i dont want to gain weight from eating crap in one day i know i went over my calorie limit but im not sure how it will effect my diet can someone please help me i dont think i went over 2000 calories though and i havent exercised today either :(

Replies

• healthylts
    healthylts Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It is just one day and it's done with. Don't look back. Look forward.!!!
  • jackieb79
    Options
    Go get some exercise in!
  • kirsty0911
    kirsty0911 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I go over my calories every Sunday. I eat whatever I want and sometimes I'm 2000 calories over. Just don't worry, this is a long term life change. it's not just a quick fix diet which we can suddenly stop one day. these over eating days just have to be factored in! Drink lots of water, get back to eating properly tomorrow and most importantly in my opinion is don't feel too guilty! I always feel too guilty but life is too short!
  • trailrider1963
    Options
    Well, all that salt will cause you to retain some fluid, so the scale will probably go up some. Don't panic, it's just fluid, you'll lose it in a day or two if you go back to normal eating, lay off the salt and drink lots of water to flush it out. You'd have to consume an extra 3500 calories to put on 1 actual pound.
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    if you exercise alittle you will feel better about it (trust me); we all have those days but just don't quit, it's just one day, tomorrow is a new day.
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    today i ate a bunch of crap i had chocolate , bread bacon and sausages for breakfast and througout the day will i be okay because i dont want to gain weight from eating crap in one day i know i went over my calorie limit but im not sure how it will effect my diet can someone please help me i dont think i went over 2000 calories though and i havent exercised today either :(

it's ok once a week! thats what you call a SPIKE day!

www.spike84.com

it'll change your life.
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    one day I went over my calories by more than 800, you'll be fine, just don't do it everyday:wink: It's ok to "fall off the wagon" now and then, just climb right back on and get back to it
  • roxygrissom
    Options
    Don't let your bad choices today get you down. Think about why you made those poor choices and make a plan to avoid making the same choices tomorrow. Craving chocolate and fat...think about having some chocolate marshmellows (fat free option) and turkey bacon instead of regular. You didn't develop bad eating habits overnight and you shouldn't expect to break them overnight. Plan for better eating habits and it will happen. It takes 21 days to make something new a habit, so cut yourself some slack, but commit and plan for better habits. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • momcindy
    momcindy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My day yesterday was so bad I ended up deleting my food diary for the day. Today I'm starting fresh with new resolve. You can too with your very next meal. Just start from right now and choose better the rest of the day. Don't dwell on what you already ate and just make better choices as the day goes on. No one here is beating you up so don't do it to yourself.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Like they tell us at Weight Watchers, "One bad choice does not undo the 100 good choices you've made." Don't beat yourself up over it--just get back on track. We've all been there! :)
  • arotella
    arotella Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You'd have to eat an EXCESS of 3500 calories to gain a pound. Just drink plenty of water and forget about it! You're fine! :)
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    That was my yesterday! Just move on and exercise and try to do better! :drinker:
  • FifiLea
    FifiLea Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here eating a totally unnecessary cinnamon bagel, so I feel your pain!

Don't feel bad or it will affect your confidence and your efforts tomorrow. I bet you haven't eaten as many calories as you think and I bet you haven't eaten as many calories as you would have at one time.

Now, even when I overeat, I still don't hit 2000 calories as my body has changed and I just can't overeat the way I used to. You're almost certainly the same.

Just do your exercise, don't weigh yourself for a couple of days (as the water weight will freak you out) and remember that one mistake doesn't mean you've failed.

:heart:
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Exercise tomorrow, you'll be ok as long as the good choices thoroughly out way the bad.
  • bparsont
    bparsont Posts: 50
    Options
    Like all the people above said: don't beat yourself up just start a new day and get back on the wagon. You need to blow it once in a while it helps with the whole calorie restriction throughout the week. It helps you to keep going and it's the net that counts not the day to day. I only weigh myself once a month because of all the "bad" days i have throughout the month and look I've lost 26 punds in 230 days. Losing is a slow process as is gaining. So take it one month at a time and you'll see it will come off. :flowerforyou:
  • ThierMummy3
    Options
    Yesterday and todai i have eaten crap. Im in the middle of re-arrange my upstairs so i haven't had the energy OR the time cook my usual homemade soups. but from tomorrow im planing on being a bit tighter on my eating and exercising. But 1 day is okay. don't stress :)
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options
    Yesterday was bad for me too ~ started with a sausage bis an ended with a Jacks hamburger and some fries. I had several cokes also. Unlike Cindy, I didnt delete my diary...... cause I didnt even bother to enter anything, I knew better LOL Today is a new day tho and I am entering what I'm eating and the exercise I'm doing.

Yesterday was a food full moon and I declare a day off from worrying about what we ate yesterday :p We will only worry about what we are eating today. We will make good choices today and enjoy those choices. We will shake our heads sadly at the fat full food and walk away from it cause we dont want it.