Need a pep talk please

Options
Logically I know that the number on the scale is just that, a number. My hands are feeling puffy this morning so it's probably water retention or allergies from something I ate. Or who knows it could be the barometric pressure from Hurricane Barry.

I've been exercising like a fool and decided to wait one month to weigh.
Have logged every bite.

Got up this morning and gained 3 pounds.

So since I joined the gym in October and have gone consistently and have logged the good, the bad and the ugly I have only lost 6.6 pounds.

So freaking disappointed.

I have been going for a one hour walk and then doing a 25 minute yoga DVD every morning then going to classes in the evening HIIT and Zumba then on the days I don't have classes I do the machines and on the weekends I do a full body routine.

Other folks who started at the same time are already at the goal I am trying to get to 70 pounds.

We go on beach vacation in two weeks.
I wanted to be down 5 more pounds but no I am up 3.

Logically I know all the different reasons it could be but that doesn't fix how disappointed I am right now.

This is driving me crazy.

Replies

• Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Are you using a food scale and weighing all of your food in grams? Do you choose accurate database entries?
    Exercise, especially new exercise, can cause water weight retention. Three pounds is well withing the water weight fluctuation range.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I took a quick look at your diary. Yes, sodium could be a factor. Why don’t you try reducing your daily calorie allotment by 150 calories to allow for variances in entries, allowing “goodies” once or twice a week and reduce portions of goodies I. E. Instead of 17 chips, have 8-10 chips and one cookie instead of two? It’s worth trying for a month or two? Don’t get discouraged. Persistence WILL pay off!
  • Donnahammerstein
    Donnahammerstein Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Do your clothes fit better? With the exercise I’ll bet they do and that you feel Better too. Don’t wait another month to weigh. Sometimes you can go up or down on a daily weigh in, but it’s not your average weight. Might be water retention or even needing a BM. Keep up the good work. You can meet your goals!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!