Need some ideas!

Options
So I’m a bigger set female in need of some more options. I need to incorporate more veggies and I’m also a picky eater. But I am always willing to try. I’m also a horrrrrrible cook. Please give me some ideas of things I can do. Low to no carbs :) thank you!!!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    Hm. Well, most vegetables are predominantly carbs.

Why are you asking for low/no carbs?

Calories are all that matter for weight management. All vegetables are good, just start trying them prepared in different ways. Lots of websites with ideas and recipes for getting in more vegetables.

Cooking doesn't have to be hard.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Stir frying is easy. You can toss all kinds of veggies in there. Same with making soup or stew. Roasted veggies are super easy and so good.
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    jlabrake1 wrote: »
    So I’m a bigger set female in need of some more options. I need to incorporate more veggies and I’m also a picky eater. But I am always willing to try. I’m also a horrrrrrible cook. Please give me some ideas of things I can do. Low to no carbs :) thank you!!!

I tend to do most of my cooking on my grill, so I also grill most of my veggies. Good low carb options are cauliflower, asparagus, and I like brussel sprouts (rest of my family doesn't like those though). All of those can be cooked on the grill or an even easier option are the steamable versions that you prepare in the microwave.
    With cauliflower and aspargus I wrap them in foil, single serving sizes, add some butter or olive oil, and seasoning, usually just salt and pepper, but you could spice it up with different seasonings too, and then put them on the grill, easy and delish.

• MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    More spices overcome the bad taste
    I don't recommend low or no carbs at least average will be acceptable since it is the main source energy for the body
  • christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,784 Member
    Options
    Since its been so hot outside...Ive been doing a base salad...whichever lettuce you like..and keep little bags or cups of different things to add when its food time...like, bacon crumbles, feta cheese, blue cheese, chicken, olives, garbanzo beans...whatever you like really. this way adding them on top of the salad each day...you can make it totally different everyday, and not get sick of it.
    This week i also did some shredded chicken...and kept all the sides to add for chicken salad til eating time...mayo, bacon crumbles, sliced almonds, a few grapes, relish...

key is to keep things simple, and then add to them daily to keep your interest.
    this does require some planning. so meal prep is kinda a must...sundays for an hour, and a week of awesome eating!!!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Roast them in the oven or on the grill with some olive oil, salt, pepper, and other flavors like rosemary, chile, garlic powder, or lime juice. Veggies also taste great covered in cheese.
  • jlabrake1
    jlabrake1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you everyone! I’ll definitely be trying all of that out and keeping your comments in mind. Since it’s summer the grill ideas sound amazing! Trying to stay positive!
  • jlabrake1
    jlabrake1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cmriverside I am doing low carb to no carb cause my doctor did some tests and my body doesn’t process carbs the way it should due to some medical issues. So as long as they are low on the glycemic index or come from fiber I am okay. Just trying new things. :)
  • rwalovitch14
    rwalovitch14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Where can I get ideas or recipes of low calorie daily meals? I never know what to eat...thanks in advance