breakfast food question ???

Options
SLE0803
SLE0803 Posts: 145 Member
Hello everyone :) normally I eat greek yogurt with flaxseed for breakfast. However, I am starting to get tired of it. Anyone have any breakfast suggestions that are high in protein and vegetarian? I don't like eggs or most breakfast food...lol I know I know I am a pain. Thanks in advance for your help :)

Replies

• jimmychoo2shoes
    Options
    Do you like cottage cheese? Maybe you could try that. Or maybe some kind of nut butter with fruit. Or maybe some kind of breakfast burrito made with beans and no eggs.
  • apsmith51
    apsmith51 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oatmeal with a few walnuts, some dried cranberries, a little Smart Balance and salt....very yummy. You can cook up several servings of the oatmeal and then just reheat each morning. Very filling and healthy. Also, I have a great whole grain spelt pancake recipe that is healthy and good in calories...really good with a little Smart Balance and a tablespoon of real maple syrup. This batter you can save for several days and have them each morning also. There are no eggs in the pancake recipe.
  • Michellerw1
    Options
    I am eating the following as we speak. It is delicious, nutritious, and vegan:

1/2 cup cooked quinoa
    1/4 cup coconut or almond milk (for this I use vanilla)
    1/2 cup fresh berries
    Sprinkle of chopped walnuts

I keep the quinoa in the fridge and assemble a serving then microwave. It is really tasty! You can obviously adjust the amounts of each ingredient, but it weighs in around 350 calories.
  • JulaMonster
    JulaMonster Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in oatmeal, and contrary to common belief, you don't have to cook the non-instant kind on the stove. I do half a cup of thick rolled oats (not quick) to one cup water, microwave for 2.5 minutes, stir, then nuke another minute or so until all the water is absorbed, then add a little brown sugar, or sometimes some maple syrup, maybe some dried fruit of some sort, and it's very filling! I used to make parfaits a lot, making layers using a total of 6-8oz yogurt of some sort, a cup of mixed berries, and a quarter cup of low fat granola. It's super yummy! And I know you said you don't like eggs, but what about true farm fresh eggs? They are nothing like their storebought counterparts (even the 'fancy' eggs at the store pale in comparison), the flavor is SO much more, well, flavorful, the yolks are so rich, it's like eating a steak for breakfast ;) Our hens aren't laying yet, but we have friends down the street whose flock is laying, to tide us over till our girls get to work!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    this morning I had Nutrigrain whole grain waffle with sliced banana and sugar free syrup on top. Pretty yummy. Also try Morningstar Farms veggie sausage patty on an english muffin. Wonderful
  • klsnell1981
    klsnell1981 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I usually eat grits or oatmeal with a piece of fruit such as a banana or apple. I am not really big on brkfst foods either, it's pretty much this or I will make a fat-free waffle with sugar free syrup.