What is the right weight?

Options
Nicole_BGA
Nicole_BGA Posts: 45 Member
I am almost 38, I am active in as much as I work full time and have a 3 year old who I run after all the time but I’m not an exerciser and I’m not really aiming to be.

I do need to lose weight, I am keen to do that as healthily as possible, I have a daughter watching me!

I have never been slim, I have always been overweight from teen years but since having my daughter and being diagnosed with a disability it’s gone beyond what is acceptable.

I’m finding it difficult to look at what is actually a healthy weight for my height (5ft 4 or 163cm).
I understand from reading that BMI isn’t a great indicator of health (is that even right?)

Can anyone help? I’m a bit at a loss.

Thanks

Replies

• Nicole_BGA
    Nicole_BGA Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I can’t delete this most and lost my last one!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Nicole_BGA wrote: »

You can delete it by choosing Flag, Report and choosing "This is my post and I want to delete it"

Your other post is in the General Health, Fitness & Diet board. You can find your own posts in the app by tapping the little speech bubble icon and then "My Discussions" or on the web version it's at the top of the page.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Nicole_BGA wrote: »

You can delete it by choosing Flag, Report and choosing "This is my post and I want to delete it"

Your other post is in the General Health, Fitness & Diet board. You can find your own posts in the app by tapping the little speech bubble icon and then "My Discussions" or on the web version it's at the top of the page.

Good to know!! I had no idea we could delete after the hour edit!!
    Thanks!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @Nicole_BGA

I like to use the US military guides to healthy weight ranges. Because some of the weight charts are very low and not practical. Example: I'm 5'8", most weight charts put me at around 145-150, but I consider myself thin and healthy at 170-180, and too thin at 145.

Military charts put me at max weight 175.

According to the military chart at age 38-40 and 5'4" to be a healthy weight minimum is 110, maximum weight is 148-150ish.

Hope this helps!
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" , 38 yrs and currently at 130lbs. I am more comfortable at 123lbs. From there I will assess.