How to minus the bread?

Options
Good morning I had the Jimmy Dean breakfast
The egg white cheese and turkey sausage I had two of them but I didn’t have any bread does anyone know how I would write that?

Replies

• Five0Six
    Five0Six Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    In blue underneath the meal name (breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc) there should be an option that says "Quick Add Calories." Click on that and then manually add your calories in. (The stated calories on the package minus the bread)

I'm not sure how many calories the biscuit bread is on one of those, but I would guess 100-150 calories, based on what other biscuits tend to run.

(I searched for "McDonald's biscuit" and found an entry for just the biscuit - it said 125 calories.)

You can always edit your notes (down past where you click "Complete Entry") and write that you had the Jimmy Dean sans bread.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    What kind of bread was it? Look up the bread and subtract the calories for that from the calories for the sandwich.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    On the website (not the app) it is possible to enter negative quantities. I often do that if I eat, say, a Wendy's hamburger but leave off half the bun.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Just log the ingredients you did eat separately.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    On the website (not the app) it is possible to enter negative quantities. I often do that if I eat, say, a Wendy's hamburger but leave off half the bun.

Wait. What? What is this magic?

*ets: okay, I looked at "Quick Add" and yeah, you can enter negative Calories. That must be what you meant.

I think if I were eating restaurant food I would just go to their website and if they have a meal builder that figures calories I'd do it there and then add Quick Add calories here.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options

*ets: okay, I looked at "Quick Add" and yeah, you can enter negative Calories. That must be what you meant.

I think if I were eating restaurant food I would just go to their website and if they have a meal builder that figures calories I'd do it there and then add Quick Add calories here.

I just checked and you can enter a negative number for foods as well, so not just using quick add. For instance, I can say that I had -15g of Blanxart 85% Dark Nicaragua Chocolate and it will result in a larger calorie allowance in a similar way that exercising enough to burn that amount of calories would.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options

Yeah, it's how I temporarily log my exercise when the site gives me an "application error". Then, since that error usually corrects itself at midnight, I go back, log it properly, and delete the negative quick add.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options

Yeah, it's how I temporarily log my exercise when the site gives me an "application error". Then, since that error usually corrects itself at midnight, I go back, log it properly, and delete the negative quick add.

ooooooh. You guys are tricksy. :) I never thought of using negative in the portion size box. Durr.

There is always a solution.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    It only updates your calories, not your macros, but it's better than nothing.