Seriously Christmas was in December...

Options
TROUBLE2
TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
there are people in my neighborhood who still have their christmas lights up...

they might as well call them Februlights... :noway:
HEY NOW...

Februlights:
Christmas lights still present on houses in Febuary

pretty soon they will have Marchlights...

:angry: SOME PEOPLE! :huh:

Replies

• TROUBLE2
    Options
    there are people in my neighborhood who still have their christmas lights up...

they might as well call them Februlights... :noway:
    HEY NOW...

Februlights:
    Christmas lights still present on houses in Febuary

pretty soon they will have Marchlights...

:angry: SOME PEOPLE! :huh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    :mad: I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST THE MORONS IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD AND TOWN!!! :mad:

Do your folks keep them lit?
    Some of the Christmas lights in my area are still lit nightly :explode:
  • quinnybear
    Options
    i live in a second floor apartment right next to a neighborhood so we can see into one of the houses from our porch...

they still have their christmas TREE up and light it up every night.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Some of the businesses in my town still have Christmas lights up and lit. It's time to take them down already!
  • TROUBLE2
    Options
    :mad: I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST THE MORONS IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD AND TOWN!!! :mad:

Do your folks keep them lit?
    Some of the Christmas lights in my area are still lit nightly :explode:

YES the keep em lit... thats the most annoying part the people in my neighborhood seem to be proud that their lights are still on... its kind of depressing... to think someone is THAT lazy...
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    There is one house in our subdivision that still has their lights and the train (made out of lights) in their yard:explode: That is just pure laziness! Every night when I walk the dog past there, I soooo want to pull the crap down myself and leave it on their porch or put a letter in their mailbox and tell them Christmas is over...ya know just in case they weren't aware :grumble:

:laugh:
  • kleimola
    kleimola Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i live in a second floor apartment right next to a neighborhood so we can see into one of the houses from our porch...

they still have their christmas TREE up and light it up every night.

In my defense, one year I elft my tree up year round and changed the decorations for all of the holidays. I have white lights so for Valentines day I found red bulbs, hearts and velentine bears to decorate with. New Years I decorated with hats, masks and noisemakers, St. Patty's Day was all green and Easter was eggs and pale colors. It was fun but a lot of work. I don't do that anymore.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    The city here still has main street all lit up with the Christmassy decorations/lights!! My neighbor moved their tree to the garage and light it up every night. I suppose stranger things have happened! :laugh:
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    The police man across the street from me still has his up. I'm in Texas. So it already looks REDICULOUS when you have the christmas lights that hang like ice from your room. KEEP DREAMIN', TEXAN
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Maybe they didn't get what they wanted for Christmas so they are holding out hope!:laugh:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Now people, what happened to peace on earth and good will toward men? :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    There is one house in our subdivision that still has their lights and the train (made out of lights) in their yard:explode: That is just pure laziness! Every night when I walk the dog past there, I soooo want to pull the crap down myself and leave it on their porch or put a letter in their mailbox and tell them Christmas is over...ya know just in case they weren't aware :grumble:

ME TOO!! I have decided I will start leaving notes on their mailboxes, informing them it is now just days from MARCH and that we would kindly appreciate them no longer celebrating CHRISTMAS outside their home in the form of LIGHTS.

BTW, griping about all this to a friend as we were driving. I walk into his foyer, and there plugged into the electrical outlet was a holly berry decorated night light. Was ready to give HIM a note!!! :laugh: :explode:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Now people, what happened to peace on earth and good will toward men? :laugh:

That we can keep all year. . .as long as they take the lights down.:tongue:
  • fullofjoy720
    Options
    it drives me nuts! My neighbors have a light up santa claus outside their door. I'm tempted to take it haha
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options

ME TOO!! I have decided I will start leaving notes on their mailboxes, informing them it is now just days from MARCH and that we would kindly appreciate them no longer celebrating CHRISTMAS outside their home in the form of LIGHTS.

BTW, griping about all this to a friend as we were driving. I walk into his foyer, and there plugged into the electrical outlet was a holly berry decorated night light. Was ready to give HIM a note!!! :laugh: :explode:

LOL.......let's get em girl! :drinker: :laugh:

At least your friend's berry was INSIDE :grumble: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    it drives me nuts! My neighbors have a light up santa claus outside their door. I'm tempted to take it haha

Now now now.... larceny won't solve anything.
    But maybe we'd all feel better if you gave Santa a pair of swim trunks, sunglasses and a inflatable pool float. I'd rather see him preparing for summer if we gotta see him...
  • Fuhgetaboutit
    Options
    my boyfriends mom decorated her xmas tree last year with bunnies because she didnt feel like taking it down before easter.

easter WAS early last year... but its like... are you serious? :noway: lmao
  • nort0186
    Options
    haha here's an idea, instead of leaving them a note to remind them that it's almost march; Wouldn't it be funny to leave a note saying how many days left until Christmas!!! Better start preparing now!!!:laugh:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Hey now...are lights are up because there is too much snow to put the ladder out....but we don't light them
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    There is one house in my neighborhood that still has them up. I can come up with excuses for having them up, no time, broken leg, broken ladder, or elderly and waiting for son to come visit. Trust me, if it involves going on the roof, I can procrastinate.

However, I just want to ring the bell and ask why on earth they are still plugging them in.