Favorite Fitness Influencers (Insta, YouTube, etc)

Options
Hi, y'all!!
So I love following fitness influencers. It helps when the media I consume is geared toward my goals instead of mindless attractive things.
So I wanted to ask y'all who your favorite fitness influencers were and why!! Please share links and handles.
I just restarted my weight loss journey and got rid of all social media save for MyFitnessPal & a private Instagram I am going to use to follow others and track my own progress. So I only remember a handful of my favorite Instagrammers!!

Replies

• Samantharavenclaw84
    Samantharavenclaw84 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Jen Wagner - _jens_journey_
    Adriene Mishler -adrienelouise
    Heather - istilleatpizza
    Rachel Sharp - rachellsharp93
    Jamie- fabulouslulu
    frenchiegetsfit
    smashleyshrinks
    the popgoesthebody accounts
    I am sure there are more but those are the first ones that popped into my head.

I don't know if they qualify for influencers but I like their accounts.

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    My favorite fitness influencer is my scale. 😉
  • Liftinglex
    Liftinglex Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Jordan Syatt!!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Bodybuilding-Motivational-Art-Silk-Poster-Print-Fitness-Inspirational-Picture-for-Room-Wall-Decor-020.jpg_640x640.jpg
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    on Instagram I don't follow any of those Insta Model #fitspo people because they annoy me. To me it's all so fake, staged, unrealistic, and makes me mad a lot of the time.

However, I do follow some no-*kitten* people that I can recommend if you ever want some truth and some decent workouts and stuff, rather than just a photoshopped posed booty chick holding a tub of *insert product here* and "use my discount code FITCHIK10 for a discount":

- litlelyssfitness - this chick is a PhD student in sports something or other and has a business educating people on diet and exercise with no *kitten* attached. And she's cute. And talks real talk.
    - coacheugeneteo - i have a legit crush on him. the best for exercise stuff that blows minds. Biomechanics.
    - mountaindog - for bodybuilding stuff
    - smith.julian - bodybuilding stuff
    - dante_rudel - bodybuilding stuff

Other than that, some people who are normal real life people that I met here on MFP or other random real life people who have been on a journey from fat to fit kind of thing. But they don't sell stuff or pose or anything, it's just them being normal.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    @docjenfit - Physical therapist with mobility drills
    @francheskafit - functional movement / mobility
    @_miss_lisa - elite powerlifter same age/weight
    @lind.slaaay - calisthenics and hand balancing
    @sayatfitness - straight talk about fitness and diet
    @zuzkalight - bodyweight and kettlebell routines
    @steficohen - PhD in Physical Therapy, World Record Holder Powerlifter and all around bad-*kitten*
    @osvaldo_lugones - inhuman calisthenics strength
  • nicholeb7914
    nicholeb7914 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mellisa Alcantara hands down the realist.
  • justanotherjenn
    justanotherjenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    YouTube/IG - Whitney Simmons and Nikki Blackketter. They're both Gymshark models (which I don't care about), but I love their personalities, and they have a healthy approach to diet and fitness.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    James Smith.

Be aware that a lot of fitness influencers are a) genetically blessed (so you'll likely NEVER look like them) or b) take steroids and don't admit it, yes the women too.

I've unfollowed most of them now, I found it more depressing than inspring.
  • justanotherjenn
    justanotherjenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    TrishSeren wrote: »
    James Smith.

Be aware that a lot of fitness influencers are a) genetically blessed (so you'll likely NEVER look like them) or b) take steroids and don't admit it, yes the women too.

I've unfollowed most of them now, I found it more depressing than inspring.

Yeah I agree. I have unfollowed tons. I don't personally have a goal of looking like anyone in particular. I know my body size, shape, and capabilities. But I will still follow the ones whose personalities I enjoy, or if they do workouts I want to try.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Ha... when I was thinking about losing my weight, my daughter turned me on to kaylainsines of Australia .. all the younger U.S. girls were following her and wanting to be just like her.
    I watched youtube videos of a girl following her six week plan. By the end of the six weeks I could see the life come out of her eyes and she looked like she was almost ready to cry. I decided... nope..

And all the pictures of women who got fit doing her program were basically at a great weight and in good shape to start with. Many of these social media platform fitness gurus are really intended more for people who are already pretty fit and just want to do the vanity image thing.