Keto Movie Snack?

Options
Going out to a movie tonight but want to avoid the popcorn. What's a good keto friendly snack I can sneak in?

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Jerky
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I usually bring a single serving of whisps (parmesan cheese crisps).
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    String cheese, pepperoni, nuts
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Nothing. eat at home and just watch and enjoy the feature. I never understood the need to eat at the movies.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,621 Member
    Options
    My mom says jerky is the typical movie snack in China.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »

So if I am ever in China I will smuggle in my own popcorn.

In a way I do agree with the others that say to eat at home but really only if going to a movie is a very common thing you do. I very seldom go so I would probably want a snack or even better go to a dine-in theatre that are becoming more popular.
  • missysippy930
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Eat jerky at a movie? Geez how horrible is this diet?

Eat popcorn at the movie and eat jerky the rest of the day.

Well, OP wants to avoid popcorn, so I suggested my second favorite snack. I personally, always have popcorn at the movies. I skip meals to have it. I’m really getting dissed today, LOL. I must be weird 😉
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options

Well, OP wants to avoid popcorn, so I suggested my second favorite snack. I personally, always have popcorn at the movies. I skip meals to have it. I’m really getting dissed today, LOL. I must be weird 😉

I'm not keto but I think jerky is a perfectly reasonable suggestion for someone who wants a keto-friendly snack at the movies :smile:
  • kshama2001
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Nothing. eat at home and just watch and enjoy the feature. I never understood the need to eat at the movies.

Habit.

I'm not into snacking while watching TV and don't go to the movies frequently, but when I do, I've been conditioned to want to munch while watching.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options

lol. I was just giving you are hard time. I don't care what people eat at the movies or if they eat at all. I would want the popcorn myself.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

Because you're just sitting there for 2 to 3+ hours...plus movie popcorn is awesome.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »

So if I am ever in China I will smuggle in my own popcorn.

In a way I do agree with the others that say to eat at home but really only if going to a movie is a very common thing you do. I very seldom go so I would probably want a snack or even better go to a dine-in theatre that are becoming more popular.

We have a Flix Brew House that opened up a couple of years ago. We don't go to the movies very often, but when we do that is where we go. Kill two birds with one stone...either lunch and a movie or dinner and a movie. It's great with the kids too and the food is pretty good...and you can get a beer or wine.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    For keto snacks, my family eats beef or turkey sticks or bites. If it's a movie splurge, low carb protein bars, my daughter loves one that is dark chocolate peanut butter. Mixed bag of Nuts and/or unsweetened coconut chips/flakes. And we always sneak in our own water bottles.

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Because you're just sitting there for 2 to 3+ hours...plus movie popcorn is awesome.

It is not awesome for me. It is salty and greasy no matter what :s .

• cnjg6677
    cnjg6677 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I’m not sure if pickles are Keto friendly but it’s what I eat at the movie
  • kshama2001
    Options

Salty and greasy is awesome!

I remember the grease being better when I was a kid.
  • missysippy930
    Options

We control the salt at the movie theaters here. While they’re generous with the butter flavored topping, it doesn’t seem too greasy to me.