can i lose 20 lbs before christmas

Options
just wanted to know is it possible for me to lose 20 pounds before christmas or even by october i exercise every weekday with intense training sessions and eat healthy just wondering because i want to lose the weight asap and keep it off

Replies

• sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    Yes it`s posible..
    I have lost 13lb in 6 weeks poss more by monday * weigh in * xx
    Good luck!!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Yes it is reachable if you work for it. I am aiming to reach 70kilos which is a 33lb loss before xmas and was told that it is totally achievable!\
    :)
  • poseidon9447
    Options
    Yes you can very easily. Watch your sodium intake, once you get that under controll thats an easy 3-4 lbs for the average person. Count your calories and do alot of cardio, you will see the weight come right off. That is what I am doing. MFP says I will be down 22 lbs in 5 weeks with what I am doing now.
  • GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Sure you can! You just have to remain really motivated between now and then - and you can do it! :)
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I started MfP on 5/26 w/ a goal to lose 20 lbs by Xmas. I lost it by the end of July. And I wasn't crazy dieting either.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    by Christmas - of course it's possible! That's only just over 1 pound a week!

by October - I doubt it.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    It really depends on current weight and height. I've lost 18lbs in 5 weeks, but I'm morbidly obese.

What is your current weight and height?
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options
    just wanted to know is it possible for me to lose 20 pounds before christmas or even by october i exercise every weekday with intense training sessions and eat healthy just wondering because i want to lose the weight asap and keep it off

You can do anything you set your mind to! Just don't lose it too fast because it'll definitely come right back to you. But 20 lbs by December isn't too shabby!! Good luck :)
  • tp7even
    tp7even Posts: 15
    Options
    im 6ft1 and i weigh 210
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    My goal is 30 lbs by Christmas. (2 lbs/ wk). I'll just be happy to lose 20 by then too. :happy:
  • TwinMamma09
    Options
    I would say so. I have lost almost 20lbs since June 1st and I only had 30lbs to lose total.

Just eat right, exercise and keep your eye on the prize!!!
  • jengelbell
    Options
    It is totally do-able. Good luck - I'll try to make that my goal too:smile:
  • jengelbell
    Options
    How did you do that before and after pic?
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I lost 20# in just under 5 weeks. yes, you can do it!