newbie could use some help

Options
oh wow first post ever!!!

I am a stay at home, homeschool moma of 3. I am not sure what my activity level should be set at. I halrdly sit for long even when I sit I fidget quite a lot. Washing clothes washing dishes cooking general cleanning. I am the one that parks at the back of the car lot just to walk to the store (all the time). Walking up to 3 miles a day is not big deal (I add that as part of my workout). My food could use some work I know I could use more water.
When I first started this in Apr I didn't know what I was doing. So I would eat 1200 cals and burn off 600+ cals I know now that this was wrong. I did lose the first 30 lbs with no trouble (I started at 197). so now I have not lost anything no lbs no inches for about 5 weeks so lately I started to up my cals to net 1200 no loss net 1300 no loss net 1400-1450 no loss. Am I not eatting enough? Any advice would be great. thank you
Stats:
5'4"
SW:197
CW:170-172
1stGW:140
UGW:130 or less
my BMI 29
BRM 1451

Replies

• smscsu
    smscsu Posts: 2
    Options
    Don't give up.
  • MaryRarick
    MaryRarick Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You may need to mix it up a bit. Bump the calories up a wee bit. Do a different sort of exercise. Examine what kinds of calories you're consuming. Increase your veggie intake.

Fingers crossed this will help.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Why don't you let MFP set your goal? I'd select "lightly active". Then select a pound a week. What does MFP tell you to eat if you do that? Then I'd suggest eating your exercise calories. This is how MFP is designed to work. You are here. Might as well let it do it's thing. Give it a month, see if it works.
  • brandy1castillo
    Options
    with a lightly active one lbs loss it set it at 1460cals. Can't change the workout much I don't like videos. I do have an elliptical I chang up the work out on that quite a bit. But here in texas it is still too hot to go outside for very long unless you want to go for a run at like 3am. I am working with what I got. I was thinking that I need to get my diet in order first.

Do I just need to give it more time to work. I am trying reall hard not to get down about this.
  • Movingonforbetter
    Options
    I hear you loud and clear. Feel free to add me if you wish. I am a stay at home mom of two. I have low activity but, since I have started I have really been careful with my calories. I am set at 1660 a day. I use my Wii alot as its hard to get out due to me haveing one child that is special needs and a busy 6yr old......
    I change things up with food too.
  • brandy1castillo
    Options
    bump
  • brandy1castillo
    Options
    when changing your diet around (upping or lowering cals) how long should you wait to see results before changing something again.