Ideas for healthy afternoon snacks?

Options
I grab a bar of chocolate at the mo but I know I can put better things into my body, even if calorie intake similar.

Any suggestions??

Replies

• dulinh
    dulinh Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Egg, popcorn, cheese and pretzels, yogurt, 1/2 peanut butter sandwich, cottage cheese, fruit, veggies.... depends on what 'better' means for you and what goals you are trying to achieve.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    If chocolate fits into your calories, doesn’t cause problems for medical conditions you have, and you are hitting any other personal goals—macros, satiety, whatever they are—then there’s no reason you shouldn’t eat chocolate if you want it. There are no bonus points for eating extra “healthy” as long as you’re meeting your goals.

If you are not hitting one or more of those goals, then a “better” snack would depend on which goal(s) aren’t being met.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with fruit, dark strawberry vinegar, few grams of grape nuts.

Popcorn and butter

Banana/almond milk/almond butter/cocoa powder/few drops vanilla/few grams dry rolled oats

Homemade beef jerky (you control the ingredients)

Apple and almond butter

Bag of freeze dried fruit (apples, bananas, beets etc)

• katiesmom_99
    katiesmom_99 Posts: 87 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Raw almonds. A 28g serving has 160 calories, 14g fat, 6 carbs/1 sugar, 6g protein, and 6g fiber. A weighed serving doesn't look like much, but I find them surprisingly filling and satisfying.

On the days when I want something sweet, a half serving pairs well with a square of my favorite dark chocolate. 128kC, 10g fat, 8carbs/6 sugar, 4g protein
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Hummus and veggies

Celery with natural peanut butter

Cashews
  • justanotherjenn
    justanotherjenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Banana w/almond butter or peanut butter (you could cut it down to 1/2 banana)
    Hummus w/crackers or veggies
    Nuts and cheese
    Crackers and cheese

Though are all my personal go-tos, though "healthy" is really subjective.