Just starting out!

Options
Hi Everybody,
I just signed up today and am really excited about the format of this site. It looks very user friendly, which is good--that eliminates the "too complicated" excuse from my weight loss efforts! :) I've made a contract with myself to make THIS new weightloss effort FUN! So if any of you have some FUN activities and creative (vegetarian) snack choices, I would love to have some input!

Replies

• JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP; it's a great tool to lose weight and get moral support in the process. Just add some friends and you'll be on your way. Good luck with your weight loss efforts. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • spongela
    spongela Posts: 107
    Options
    Thats a great attitude to have, working out and being healthy should be fun and not a chore :)
  • tklarakis
    Options
    Add me if you like! But my favorite vegetarian (also a veggie ;) snacks are, veggies and hummus, 0% Fat Fage Greek Yogurt (sometimes with honey or berries), baked Tostitos and Salsa, and flavored rice cakes. Good luck! Hope you find the support here is really helpful!
  • gruvergirl
    gruvergirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Everyone. And thanks, tk, for the snack ideas. Despite the 80% chance of big drizzle today, I'm going to get motivated and get at least my 30 minutes of activity in today...if nothing else, I've got dandelions calling my name...haha...
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've loads of plants calling me too, my backyard looks like a jungle.
    Enjoy the site and good luck on your journey! :smile:
  • filinda
    filinda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello ,and need to say, you have a made a good choice.My husband and daughter have been extremely successful...I have been moderatly so...back on track again with new goals. Best part is I tend to hold on with new eating skills and not go right back up again....