Thoughts?

Options

Replies

• Five0Six
    Five0Six Posts: 112 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Edit: video is legit. I retract my statement, though I remain confused as to the purpose of this post.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I caught enough to know that it is advice for eating disorder recovery. I have no experience to know if this advice is reasonably sound or if it would apply to all EDs. I think it is better to get advice from medical professionals that can cater treatment to an individual not rely on internet videos.
  • tec9goo
    tec9goo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    They look yummy? I don't watch videos unless it is desperately important. What are **your** thoughts? What's compelling enough about this video that I should click on it? Do you drive traffic to the site? Do you think there is some insight to be found? Why?

She basically said eat as much junk as you want in a recovery
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Dr Google strikes again. 😩
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Health isn't just about food. If you're receiving the RDA's for nutrition and essentials, and still have room for what you want while not exceeding your calorie limit for the day, then you're good. Eating "healthier" food once you reach the RDA's doesn't give you extra credit for doing it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • tec9goo
    tec9goo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Dr Google strikes again. 😩

Lol
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,654 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Based on what you said the video says .... Usual advice I've seen is rapid regain to BMI 20 to be considered somewhat weight restored and to reduce hormonal and neurotransmitter issues that are exacerbated during starvation.

However I would think that professional advice may be a really good idea.

And when first starting to eat again after starvation there is the potential for some danger to starved people that ought to be addressed, perhaps, by blood work and monitoring, and appropriate mineral or other supplements. MD level monitoring.

I'm on phone but MFP has some good resource page links to follow.

While I don't think anyone would actively discourage healthy food at any stage of weight management the base foundation of the pyramid of healthy eating is appropriate calories for one's appropriate goals.

Plus orthorexia is also an ED, so variety tends to sound good to me!

Again though, this kind of stuff might be best to be discussed in person with someone who has actually got some formal education about these issues