Other 40ish Women Trying To Find Life

Options
I am 45 years old, just quit smoking (yay) instantly gained 23 lbs in two months but I’ve been a big girl for 23 years... it’s baby fat. Lol. I want to feel like me again and along the way drag a few friends with on this wild ride. I am an open book, I suffer from depression and have absolutely no self esteem but I am gonna fix that. This is MY first step. Just like fifty years ago today NASA landed on the moon. “You cannot act like a flip flop and expect to be treated like a Louboutins!” I am looking for someone to help with accountability..

Replies

• establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am 41 and looking for accountability as well. I shall add you :)
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Despite all your obstacles you seem to have a good sense of humour through it all which is awesome 😊. You can do this! Please feel free to add me as a friend!
    Jennie
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 also. I've battled self esteem most of my life. I've finally reached a point where I don't base my value and worth off my weight or looks. I'm trying to get in better shape for myself and to feel better in general (health issues to be dealt with).

Good luck, MFP is a great place to get started!
  • Putdownthatchip
    Putdownthatchip Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You go girl!! I'm 47 , a former smoker ( 9 years smoke free) and also suffer depression! I hope you don't mind the add. I've been on MFP for a long while and lost 125 pounds. I quit for a while and now I'm back and very motivated! Let's do this
  • Claire5520
    Claire5520 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am nearly 44, single mum, full time job, UK based. I am lucky that I don't have much weight to lose but I am here to try to beat an eating/exercise cycle and serious sugar addiction. I do quite a bit of sport so always up for encouraging others to get into running/cycling/gym etc, if that is helpful at all. Always trying to find a way to balance 'me' with 'life'. Can vouch for @forestfreek too, she is amazingly supportive!!
  • sjwcampbell
    sjwcampbell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi ladies I just signed up for my fitness pal. I'm 46 live in the UK and also suffer from long term depression and social anxiety. tried slimming world but couldn't go to meetings due to aforementioned social anxiety, tried the online but I needed accountability... I have 5 stone to lose this time I'm determined! just trying to get to grips with app xx
  • MarcLikesPie
    MarcLikesPie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,717 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP Community, and I agree a sense of humor will help on this journey. :)

Those of you looking for more same-aged friends might also want to check out these two threads:

the 40+ cool kids:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/433277/40-club-where-the-cool-kids-are

and the middle-agers group:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10485058/the-middle-agers-group-upper-30s-40s-amp-50ish-folks#latest