Weighing after exercise?

Options
Hi guys,
Possibly a stupid question but I've started exercising recently. I have a weigh in on the Tuesday. Will working out on a Monday affect my weigh in? More specifically my workout will be a couch to 5k run.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    You can retain water as a result of exercise while your muscles repair themselves.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    That shouldn't make a difference, since it's only half an hour of run-walking. Hard workouts can sometimes make you retain water to repair muscle, and running when it's really hot can cause you to hold onto water, but C25k shouldn't be hard enough to cause a problem as long as you don't eat a lot of salt afterward. OTOH, try it, then try weighing yourself the next day as well and see if you do retain water from your workout.

For a while I refrained from weighing myself after any semi-hard run, on the assumption that I would retain water. I only weighted myself after a rest day. Then one week I did both, and found I actually weighed less the day after my run. It wasn't a long run, but still, that was good to know.
  • MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Weight early morning after u wake up on empty stomach and after going to the toilet
    U wont have much fluids retained in ur body
    =》
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    As long as you are consistent about when you run and when you weigh, you will see the trend.
  • TheAssyrian
    TheAssyrian Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Weight early morning after u wake up on empty stomach and after going to the toilet
    U wont have much fluids retained in ur body
    =》

Definitely the most accurate weight you can get. Commonly referred to as "true weight".
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I exercise early, on an empty stomach, and weigh as soon as I'm home and the sweat has evaporated. I always weigh on Monday mornings regardless of exercise type (weights or running). Consistency is the key to seeing the long term trend line.......