Hidden Lake (pics)

Options
NorthCascades
NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
On Sunday I hiked to Hidden Lake. I had plans to do some peak bagging nearby but everyone cancelled on me, so I bagged a lake instead. There's a trail the entire way, it was sketchy in one place because of snow, otherwise it had just been brushed, and was in fantastic shape.

I've been to Hidden Lake once before, during the August smoke. It was nice to be able to see the lake this time.

Everybody hikes up to the lookout, which is on the least interesting peak in the area. I already have plans to go back for the north summit and run the ridge as far as we can go toward The Triad.

There was a bear in the meadow, a family of hikers stopped me to point it out, and lent me their binoculars to see if I'd agree with their assessment that it was a grizz. Looked like one, but we have half a dozen in the entire state, and a bush can look like a grizzly when you're far enough away.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3846393152

Starting to get into the rock gardens. 😃

48304721821_3fdf3cbd6d_o_d.jpg

Hidden Lake

48304837702_c8bd6b1e1f_o_d.jpg

This is where my screen name comes from. I like these signs. Have a good one from the Pasayten, too.

48304721591_ab719ea7db_o_d.jpg

Evening light.

48304837397_40b29a5f1b_o_d.jpg

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I enjoy seeing your amazing photos: Thanks for sharing them.

I really like living in Michigan, and it is pretty here, but we have way too few mountains for scenic purposes. ;)
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Beautiful scenery
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Sounds and looks amazing. Thanks for sharing! I would love to hike there.
  • cheriej2042
    cheriej2042 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Thanks for the pics. Love the hidden lake. What’s the altitude? Just curious given you still have some snow.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Beautiful, as always. Thank you!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Thanks for the pics. Love the hidden lake. What’s the altitude? Just curious given you still have some snow.

I just looked it up, the lookout is 6,900', so the lake must be below 6k. It's amazing how snow lingers, I've been thrilled to find a patch to cool off in late August. We actually have less snow than normal this year.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    very beautiful wow!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Always love your pictures :) so beautiful, they look like postcards