Swimsuits

Looking for either a full swimsuit or a tankini top that provides some tummy coverage while giving support to the girls. Racer back style seems the best option but most are fitted which isn’t great for the belly. Any suggestions?

Replies

• lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    I went bathing suit shopping this weekend. It was hard because so many pieces were picked through and lots of sizes were missing. But of all the places I went, Target still had the best selection and had several tankini options. High waisted bottoms are in style currently and those are great at hiding the belly.
  • eb8566
    eb8566 Posts: 249 Member
    Halter tops are the best for support.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Check out Lands End. They have a gazillion mix and match styles and fabrics.
  • wifeoferp
    wifeoferp Posts: 86 Member
    I second lands end! Absolute best selection especially for what you are looking for.
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    I order from Figleaves.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Athleta
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    I order from Swim and Sweat. Not only are all their suits made for the more active swimming, they are all chlorine resistant.
  • privy95
    privy95 Posts: 82 Member
    I don’t know if you are s sams club member, but they gave suits with great coverage and support in a wide range of sizes. My club still has them. https://m.samsclub.com/p/free-country-ladies-2-piece-swimsuit-set-lace-up-racerback-swim-short/prod22920148?xid=plp_product_1_4
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I've had the same one piece for over 20 years. 😂
  • bamarshall02
    bamarshall02 Posts: 13 Member
    The swimsuits from boden.com are high quality. Check it out☺A little pricey but it's nice to treat yourself sometimes
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I second the Land's End suggestions, though I haven't bought a suit there in ages they used to be excellent. I typically went for long torso suits a size down and they were perfect, but I do prefer one-piece and racerback so I know nothing of tankini or two piece selection.
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 336 Member
    There are lots of places that sell various kinds of swimsuits, but over the last few years I have stayed with specific designers for my swimsuits as I have found them to be more flattering and fit better: Michael Kors and Kenneth Cole. Both can be found at Macy's.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    I had great luck with swimsuitsforall.com - they have A LOT of options and many of their one pieces are very flattering in the tummy area. The one I got won't work for you (little top support), but is very flattering on my mommy tummy.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,536 Member
    Thank you for posting this, I read the responses and checked out Land's End- I hope it fits and arrives in time for my trip!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    Not sure which country you're in, but in UK/Ireland, I just bought a nice one from Simply Be (Plus Size Catalogue UK Sizes 12-30) - they have a range called Magisculpt.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,271 Member
    If you don't want to spend a fortune, try Marshall's or TJ Max. I got a Nautica with a halter top that covers my stomach and supports my chest for only $24.
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    eb8566 wrote: »
    Halter tops are the best for support.

And tend to be very flattering