51 Days In, 49 Days Sober

Options
Hello,

So I am 51 days into my lifestyle change and things are going well. It kind of feels like I am just on auto-pilot at this point. I have lost 11lbs so far though I haven't weighed myself in the last few days due to monthly hormonal reasons...water retention/cravings/bloating etc. I never get an accurate reading around this time so I don't bother with any form of measurement (triggers my body dysmorphia).

Overall I am moving in the right direction...my eating is so much more controlled but things just feel kind of boring right now. At first there was a great sense of reward for training again, working out regularly and participating in healthier activities, healthy eating/only cooking meals at home, and quitting booze ( I used to drink heavily every day to the point where alcohol controlled most of my life) and now I just feel meh. It's like a long drawn out waiting game and I'm just going through the motions. It's fine because I'm no longer drinking or eating uncontrollably, I just wish I could be happier for myself and feel more accomplished but at the end of the day I'm still obese... I'm almost back to being categorized as overweight but I still have a long ways to go until I am healthy again.

Replies

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    You might benefit from Overeaters Anonymous. I gained a lot of weight when I quit smoking and drinking due to a blood clot in my leg! There is also a group here called One Day at a Time. Good luck! You’re doing the right thing. It’s hard to live life on life’s terms without alcohol but it does get better. I am 8 years sober!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I’ve lost 100lbs and have been maintaining for years. Weight loss is liberation. You’ll see.

I wouldn’t have lost lb #1 if I hadn’t stopped drinking. One of the best things I ever did. A huge relief. No one was more surprised than I was.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud of your sober streak. ❤