Over eating

What tips are out there to stop over eating?

Replies

• nnoorani
    nnoorani Posts: 3 Member
    Hi. I am new here and on the same boat. I over eat when I am bored or stressed. Hopefully we both find some helpful tips here :)
  • mom22lappys1
    mom22lappys1 Posts: 27 Member
    Add me as a friend maybe we can help each other
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,550 Member
    The less I eat of certain things the less I crave it. I also don't keep anything I can't moderate in the house, I don't need that temptation, especially when I'm stressed! Distraction is helpful, find something you can do to take your mind off food.

I'm on a medication that causes me to feel hungry, so wanting to eat all the time is something I struggle with daily. I've found eating around certain times helpful, like dinner between 6-7, no eating between meals unless I have calories for a snack. I also rotate a couple different meals for breakfast and lunch so a lot of thought doesn't go into it, plus eat a lot of veggies with adequate protein for a full feeling. Drinking lots of water/iced tea helps too.
  • Nayghtymuffin
    Nayghtymuffin Posts: 40 Member
    Good morning ladies,
    I have just joined an emotional eating group on this site, it looks really good.
    Lots of challenges, members and advice.
    Have a look, it might interest you.
  • gravenhale
    gravenhale Posts: 8 Member
    I struggle with overeating too, and I find making a giant mug of tea or black coffee with a bit of soy milk helps both fill me up and stop the cravings.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    You have to want to be in shape more than you want the bite. you just have to make the switch.. try on your tight clothes everyday ..look at your before photo a few times a day. These are things I do to keep myself on track. If don't.. the food wins!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I found that filling out my food diary a few days in advance got rid of my overeating. If I want to eat something, I look to see if I have the calories available in my food diary. If I dont, I don't eat it.

Within 2 weeks, my cravings were gone naturally. I am eating a plant based diet with seafood, eggs and some dairy. My body is satisfied with healthy, natural foods now.

Good luck!
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 338 Member
    I have been struggling with this a lot lately. I have found that eating smaller meals throughout the day helps me to stay satisfied and I don't overeat as much.

I know that I will be eating again in two hours time so it's easier for me to stop with smaller amounts.