Women in their 20s journey to fitness

Looking for friends that are in their 20s and aren’t necessarily looking to lose weight, rather become more fit. I lost 160lbs doing hardcore Keto and now that I’m happy with my weight I’m trying to adjust my mindset from weight loss to fitness/ gaining muscle!

Replies

• SummerTwentyOne
    SummerTwentyOne Posts: 521 Member
    Yes!!! Well done hun that’s amazing!!!

I’ve managed to lose roughly 97lbs but my body fat percentage is still pretty high. Always looking to make new friends and look for strength workouts tips. We got this 💪🏽
  • Alia_R
    Alia_R Posts: 410 Member
    That’s a pretty awesome loss! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

I used to be focused on the whole idea of losing weight initially, but I found that the more weight I lost, the harder it became to lose more - even with proper diet & rest. (I’ve lost about 35lbs so far...). Now I’m more focused on the idea of strength training/ recomping. It’s been a long process but well worth it.
  • kmalik5
    kmalik5 Posts: 44 Member
    Man, you've lost more than I currently weigh, which is super crazy to think about!! Huge congrats to you!

I'm in my early 20s and about half ways to my weight-loss goal, but definitely focused at this point on getting in shape and toning rather than just losing the weight.

Always glad for more friends :smile:
  • AliceTF196
    AliceTF196 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi ladies! Wow you all are amazing- I've been yo-yoing in the same 10 lb range for years now but never had any consistent success keeping it off.
    Early 20s as well trying to focus more on lifestyle changes I can sustain than the number on the scale! Getting back into strength training and running after coming back from some knee problems. Happy to have more friends :smiley:
  • 1998SK
    1998SK Posts: 29 Member
    Feel free to add :)