Post Your Health Probs RESOLVED by Weight Loss?

Options
80CATS
80CATS Posts: 26 Member
What physical / medical issues, ailments, aches and pains, medications, problems, etc has your weight loss RESOLVED for you?

Replies

• daltontf
    daltontf Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Was having bouts of tachycardia was taking beta blockers to prevent. Lost weight and stopped taking the meds and haven't had any issues. I also stopped snoring.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Obese/overweight during much of childhood with much yo-yo-ing. Later in life developed dysautonomia/postural orthostatic hypotension; symptoms mitigated somewhat by being consistent with diet & lots of exercise (weight lifting with an emphasis on lower body especially helpful). By no means a cure/still need to use medication(s), but I often read about/talk with others with the same condition who are significantly less functional compared to myself & who are more reliant on meds that can not be discontinued without significant consequences (chronic corticosteroids mostly)
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Does any body notice less crakes heels/dry feet calused feet /armpits less darkened/ complexion got better folds getting smaller ?????

Dark skin under your arms or in other skin folds is called acanthosis nigricans and it can be a symptom of PCOS or other disorders related to insulin function. Adult acne is also a common PCOS symptom. PCOS is very common, and it increases the risk of various other things, so it's important to talk to your doctor if you think you have it. Weight loss can help, but there are also other treatments that may be appropriate if you have it.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    The Acid Reflux from hell is gone. No more humiliating public episodes, emergency roadside stops, or carrying sickness bags in the car.

Now that you mention it, heel cracking and rough feet is mostly gone.

CPAP in storage now.

Didn’t have to start the thyroid meds as prescribed after all- which is why I started this process

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more energy. Did I say waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more?

Newfound inability to stay seated for hours on end (unless it’s a really good book!)

More positive. That’s a definite bonus!

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    One more! I’ve had numerous yoga and Pilates instructors state that being able to both sit down and get up without using your hands is a measurement of future health and longevity. A friend who’s a director of nursing for a large hospital confirmed that’s a way nursing homes evaluate new patients, is if they need to use hands to get out of a chair.

I guess you could say there was a definite correlation between weight, exercising, and my ability to get up and down without hands.

Try it! Cross you arms Jeannie style so you can’t use your hands and try to lower yourself to the floor, and then get up!
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    High cholesterol - gone. Good cholesterol - up.
    "Pre-Diabetic" no more.
    Off all prescription medication.
    Can you say "Quality of Life?"
    Sure you can!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Knee and hip pain is gone, even when I wear heels.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Knee and hip pain is gone, even when I wear heels.

I forgot about that one - couldn't wear heels when I was overweight. My feet complained WAY too much.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!