Loss much slower than predicted?

I've been on here for at least 5 weeks and my loss is nowhere near what they have predicted... I almost always eat far less than the prescribed 1,200 calories a day, and struggle to become hungry. I know that if you don't eat enough, it's harder to lose, but I can't make myself hungry. I do a strenuous 30-60 min workout daily.
I'm female, 4'11", and currently 102 lbs... only 3 lbs less than when I started a while back.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    How much are you looking to lose?
  • Xiao_Ya_
    Xiao_Ya_ Posts: 495 Member
    @Panini911 Thanks for the tips and chart! That is quite helpful, so I guess it is true if I suddenly went from 102 to 93 in 5 weeks like predicted, that would be a bit drastic. I guess I just have to be patient. I'd like to be a bit more muscular and have less fat in places but I know the recomp would take several months.
  • Xiao_Ya_
    @concordancia How would I know if I actually lost or if it was just a water weight fluctuation? That confuses me...
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    The MFP 5 week prediction is useless if that is what you were going by.
  • Xiao_Ya_
    @mmapags Yes, I am planning two years for getting my muscles in the shape I want them to be and then maintaining. I hoped I would lose some fat, and gain weight back as muscle mass.