is it bad to sleep in on weekends?

Options
2»

Replies

• bethanyranes
    bethanyranes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If sleeping in is wrong, I don't want to be right! We all live crazy lives in one way or another - you have to have at least one slow-paced day once in a while or you'll be one of those embittered burned-out people! I love sleep, but even if I don't sleep in, I like to take one day every couple of weeks to turn off my cell phone, clean my house, take a walk with my dog, and just watch cheesy movies on TV all day. I don't know what it's effect on weight loss is, but it sure as hell improves one's mental health! (Says the psychologist, LOL)
  • ckspores
    ckspores Posts: 52
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with sleeping in, but I will only do it once in a great while if I really had a rough week. I find when I sleep more than 8 hours a night I am sluggish and tend to be lazier all day.

Also, I don't like waking up and feeling like have the day is gone.
  • Kellllog
    Kellllog Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I definitely try to sleep in when I can (admittedly my idea of sleeping in is to get up at 0800) as I get up at 0530 for work 5days a week and normally don't make it to bed until midnight or later!
  • delmeg10
    delmeg10 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I always try to sleep in when I can, especially on the weekends. I even put the boys to bed an hour later so they'll sleep in a little later. Even if sleeping in is only 8-9am. :-)