Looking For Support/Encouragemenr

Options
JordanS9592
JordanS9592 Posts: 94 Member
edited July 2019 in Motivation and Support
I could use some support. I need to lose and keep off 100 pounds to live the lifestyle I desire. I often get emotional and eat my feelings away. I could use any help and encouragement I can get. Please friend me if it’s not too much trouble.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

I used to be an emotional overeater. It took two weeks here eating healthy and those feelings and cravings went away naturally.
  • goatelope
    goatelope Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Welcome. People on these forums have been super helpful to me and I recommend reaching out when you need support.
  • JordanS9592
    edited July 2019
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Welcome to the community! <3

I used to be an emotional overeater. It took two weeks here eating healthy and those feelings and cravings went away naturally.

Thank you @LyndaBSS . Your story is an inspiration. It has been a bit slower for me unfortunately. I lost 60 pounds on my first attempt, gained most of it back. Lost 40 pounds my second try, gained it all back. This is my third and final go, and this has to be it. I refuse to live the misery my parents and family went through with obesity. People like you remind me that it is possible.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    You can do it, Jordan! Make one change at a time, such as starting to log your calories and weigh your food and tweak from there. I find I'm not good with moderation so I keep all temptations out of the house. I have less cravings since starting out and have cut out most processed sweets/carbs aside of light ice cream, they made me too hungry. I'm way less likely to binge on veggies, fruit, and protein. I have a lot of health problems that are common in my family and strive to improve these conditions through weight loss, diet, and exercise.
  • LivinLifeHealthy84
    LivinLifeHealthy84 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don’t doubt you can do this, Jordan! It’s frustrating as hell when you don’t meet your goals, but it doesn’t mean they’re unreachable. I sent you a friend request. Send me a message whenever you need to, if you need help, questions answered, etc. you’ll get there and you’ll be really happy when you do.
  • JordanS9592
    Options
    @Katmary71 Thanks for these tips. I have the same problem. But it’s weird, I have kept one tub of vanilla ice cream in my freezer. It’s like a badge of honor every night I refuse to eat it. It shows me that the ice cream has no power over me.

@LivinLifeHealthy84 Thanks for the support brother.
  • LivinLifeHealthy84
    LivinLifeHealthy84 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Thanks for these tips. I have the same problem. But it’s weird, I have kept one tub of vanilla ice cream in my freezer. It’s like a badge of honor every night I refuse to eat it. It shows me that the ice cream has no power over me.

@LivinLifeHealthy84 Thanks for the support brother.

Here’s your next goal: let the ice cream become unimportant in your life. I.e. think of something you see every day but don’t care much about or don’t take notice of (it’s could be a random tree or something). When ice cream is as unimportant to you as that tree, then it no longer has power over you. It’s very much possible! Let the symbol die off and become nothing.