Anyone following the Blood Type Diet????

Options
I visited my local health - wellness center they have lot's of vitamins herbs you know good for you stuff. I was talking to them about diet and losing weight and they said they HIGHLY reccomend the Blood Type diet when eating for your blood type you will naturally get to your normal weight. I bought the book and am trying to eat most of what I should. Just wondering if any of you have tried it or are having success. The idea make told sense.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Sorry but this sounds like another diet to just make money off of by some pseudo science. To lose weight basically comes down to calorie deficit. That's it.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    never heard of it
    but sounds like a fad to me.
  • dancergirlbrynna
    Options
    I also started working on eating by my Blood Type. I found the book overwhelmingly interesting, and currently I haven't lost any weight, though I have only be eating by my blood type for 2 days, but I feel a lot more energetic and better all around. So good luck! :bigsmile:
  • Ruthann2
    Ruthann2 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    That diet is like to read your everyday Horoscope and act exactly as the Horoscope says :-) I'm sorry, but that is just a money eater :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • StacyBee92
    Options
    Hi, a girl at my work does her best to stick to her "blood type diet" as she gets a lot of stomach related problems and it was suggested by whoever she was seeing for it.
    She said it definately reduced the problems she was having and she felt better for it but she is slim anyway and wasnt trying to lose weight, just get rid of her problems.
    I think it may help since she did feel a lot better and healthier so I would say give it a go.
    Hope this helped xx
  • fitnfreeme
    fitnfreeme Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am not following this diet. I too think it sounds like a fad, but I used to work with a guy who swore by it. He was one of the fittest, most attractive people I have ever seen. He hadn't always been that way. He used "eat for your type" to lose his weight. Every time I ever ate with that man, he preached about it. For myself, I am finding that making good choices from a varied diet, heavy on vegetables and fruits, lean protein, low-fat dairy and a moderate amount of (mostly) healthy snacks is working well. I'm including full fat cheese (I like skim milk, and low fat yogurt--but bring me the full-fat, flavorful cheese!) and other "no-no's," but since I've started this I've been holding steady and losing a pound a week. Good luck to you, whatever you decide.
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have heard a little about it, and basically it doesn't have much to do with your blood type. If you look at the meal plans for any of the blood types, they are smaller portions and healthier choices. That's why you will lose weight. If it works for you, then go for it!
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    I don't think its an exact diet, It is more of eating foods for your blood type. I kind of follow it. It does make a difference but not really in losing weight. It helps make me feel better. It will actually tell you what is good exercise for your blood type, for me it says I need a lot of hard exercise because of my stress level. I believe it because I have anxiety disorder and exercising hard helps me a lot.
  • katemiddletonisawesome
    Options
    I agree with the person that said it's more for stomach related problems - for that it DOES help. I tried it for a while, but missed a lot of food they said wasn't good for me. The four meal plans are very close to one another, but have actually found the one for type A (which is me) to be the most healthy - it's basically a vegetarian diet.

Elizabeth Hurley and Hugh Grant were on this diet back in the day - and they both still look fantastic - so I say go for it.
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Sorry but this sounds like another diet to just make money off of by some pseudo science. To lose weight basically comes down to calorie deficit. That's it.

People will never get it!:noway: