Best flavor?

What are your guys best myprotein impact whey flavor?

Also have any of you tasted their glazed donut, Canadian maple, Boston creme, French toast, or cinnamon flavor? Reviews for those?

Replies

• tec9goo
    tec9goo Posts: 119 Member
    Bump :)
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Tastes are subjective.
  • tec9goo
    Tastes are subjective.

Still I'm asking for opinions
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    My opinion is that @texasredreb is correct.

Can you get samples?
  • tec9goo
    NovusDies wrote: »
    My opinion is that @texasredreb is correct.

Can you get samples?

Unfortunately they only have like 4 sample flavors
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Do they have salmon flavor? 😉
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Do they have salmon flavor? 😉

🤢
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    I like the boring flavors tbh. Strawberries and cream is great, and vanilla is easy to add to other things without being overwhelming. I don't like the chocolate flavors much. They remind me too much of SlimFast shakes from the 90s (the shake recipe was different and much grosser then).
  • newgoals73
    newgoals73 Posts: 6 Member
    I prefer to use flax drops. I think the peanut butter, chocolate and peanut butter and maple flavors are ok, but I prefer the standard strawberry and banana flavors. I didn’t know they had so many funky whey flavours now!
  • newgoals73
    newgoals73 Posts: 6 Member
    Flav drops*
  • gottswald
    gottswald Posts: 122 Member
    I know someone who likes the Glazed Donut MyProtein, but I don't know their taste and haven't tried it myself.

I'd bet the flavors are similar across brands if you account for artificial sweetener taste differences. I don't mind Stevia but I hate Monk Fruit extract, for instance. I've used a different brand's cinnamon (Dymatize ISO100) and its fine, as long as you like cinnamon. So the MyProtein one is probably fine. If you are drinking it at home, adding it to a smoothie will modify the flavor. I bought an Orange Dreamsicle flavor and was not a fan, but blended with some banana and greens at the flavor worked just fine.

Ultimately, they're all 'flavors' to protein and none of them are going to be that enjoyable. I just imagine the 'worst' rendition of that thing made with artificial flavoring and expect that when deciding. I've given up on vanilla.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    I prefer protein powder with very few ingredients. I add my own flavors.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    edited July 2019
    I find the chocolate is the best flavor (for me) regardless of the branch of protein powder.

My faves are MyProtein and Muscle Milk in that flavor which are the cheapest and offer the most protein per serving for me.