Resistance bands.
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Push ups and pull ups
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    how does a person do pull ups these days? Where in your house can you do that?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    Maybe rowing, boat or machine, if done correctly . . . even though it's really more of a leg sport. Arm in my profile pic is mostly from rowing . . . really a lot of rowing, over quite a period of years.
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    body weight or household items... like heavy cans of food, bottles of water/milk/sand (fill used water bottles with sand)
  • ChrisCatMama
    ChrisCatMama Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Triceps dips, planks, punches.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I used to watch this girl at my gym. She'd stand in front of the mirror and slowly move different body parts, stretching and flowing. I asked her about it because that was her entire workout. She just called it body sculpting. She had an incredible figure.

Maybe research that?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    how does a person do pull ups these days? Where in your house can you do that?

41d0SNw4dsL.jpg
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    You could also look into more functional exercise to build strength. Lots of daily yard work? Chop wood with a hatchet. Dig holes with a shovel. Vigorous use a hoe or cultivating rake. My daughter works at a fire station and the firemen are currently doing some workouts for that involve a sledgehammer and a tire.

If you are also overweight you’ll also need to shed some fat to reveal the muscles underneath. For that you’ll be best served cutting calories.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
  • USAFProud
    USAFProud Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Hitting a heavy bag and speed bag is great too
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I’ve been doing a combo of yoga burn and a few other things. Planks- forearm, extended & side. Pushups - triceps & conventional. Triceps dips. Aussie pull ups. Been compiling a list that I do daily in my office with no equipment.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I do some of the following everyday:

- Bodyweight work (variations of planks and push ups, floor tricep dips, arm circles etc.)
    - Resistance bands
    - Pilates
    - TRX
    - Youtube workouts (my favorite trainer has amazing and fun bodyweight workouts)
    - Pull ups on the football goal post at the track I power walk on

Also I know you said without weights, but I've recently added very light 1 or 2 pound wrist weights (it's strapped on to my wrists, I'm not holding anything). They work well for me when doing certain exercises.