15 day track everything and weight loss challenge - 10 people, 15-25 lbs to lose

Options
dremily12
dremily12 Posts: 12 Member
I need a push!
Sad but true, it's easier for me to push myself when it's not just me holding me accountable. Is that you, also?
Here's what I'd like to do:
1. Challenge myself and a group no more than 10 others to a 15 day competition to:
2. Track EVERYTHING
3. Stay under or at calorie goal
4. At the end of the 15 days, person who has the most tracked & under days AND lost the most wins!

This is a short term challenge because I need a short term goal. Not ready for the 30 day thing just yet. That will be the next one.

To keep the playing field even, I'd like to join with people who are looking to lose 15-25 lbs.
Let me know if you want to join in! I need you to be successful, do you need me too??
Emily

Replies

• nnoorani
    nnoorani Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love would to join.
  • dremily12
    Options
    Great! I don’t know whether others will join us. Do you want to plan to begin tomorrow whether we have more people or not or would you prefer to wait for more?
  • shannond_13
    shannond_13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’d like to join!
  • dremily12
    Options
    Great! That makes 3 of us.

Let's start tomorrow.

Here are the "rules":
    1. Be HONEST. I have to say that because this is what gets me in trouble. I somehow justify that this little bite doesn't count, that serving is 1/4 c. when actually it's 1/2 c. etc. The idea is to get in the habit of honest tracking.
    2. Stay under total calorie goal for the day.
    3. Doing these 2 things earns 1 point for each (1 for honest tracking, 1 for staying at or under calorie goal) for a max of 2 points per day.
    4. After 15 days, the person with the most points "wins" and in the case of a tie, most weight lost in the 15 days wins.

So, everyone should step on the scale tomorrow morning to get a starting weight.
    Sound reasonable?

Also, maybe a quick round of introductions would be nice! I'll go first.
  • dremily12
    Options
    Hi! I'm Emily. I just turned 45, live in the Boston area with my husband, daughter, and cat, and work full time as a psychologist. This is a VERY sedentary job! Over the past 5 years my weight has crept up about 15 lbs, and its due entirely to my crappy eating habits. I want to get a grip on that and know that I need to break a lot of bad "self-care" behaviors to make that happen. I just want to get myself back into more moderate eating patterns so I can disrupt what appears to be an upward weight climb now that my metabolism is gearing down.

I have never viewed myself as a competitive person, but recently discovered that I actually do push myself much harder when I'm trying to "outdo" someone else or please someone else. As much as I wish this wasn't true, it is so I am accepting it and using it to my advantage. That's where you come in! Thank you for joining me in this little challenge. Now, tell us all something about you!
  • dremily12
    Options
    Day 1 in the books. Tracked completely and under calorie goal! 2 points for me!
  • dremily12
    Options
    Day 2, fail all around. Friday night is hard to hang onto.