Hair Straightener

Options
LolasEpicJourney
LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
Im in the market for a new hair straightener. Anyone have a particular brand they love and why?
I have a chi but the coating is coming off of the plates (NOT HAPPY !!!!! ) Other than that I love it to death. Ive never been able to use cheap straighteners (conair and such) so its got to be good quality.

Replies

• elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I have the Maxiglide (maxiusbeauty.com). I've had it for a little over 5 years now and it's THE. BEST. Never had any problems with it, it's really easy to use, and it gets the job done quick. Back then I bought it for around 150 (can't remember exactly), but it's probably a lot cheaper now.

Edit: It's this one: http://www.maxiusbeauty.com/Tools.aspx ... 60 bucks!
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have very thick long hair and found the best were GHD's which I have now owned for over 5 years :smile:
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    http://www.remingtonproducts.com/womens/HairCare/FlatIrons/Style-Therapy-Frizz-Therapy-1-Flat-Iron.aspx
    I have this one. I love it! I have had 2 CHI's in the past and I like this one a lot better.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have the old faithful GHD's. Got the white limied edition ones that came out 3 years ago and they still work perfect to this very day with no problems what so ever.
  • ckw92170
    ckw92170 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Chil85,

I have a Chi also plus the Instyler. The Instyler is very nice. It will make your hair soft and straight. Just be careful how you handle it because it can easily break. I broke my first one and felt hopeless without it and purchased another one right away.

My friend loves her gbh flat iron and the gbh has great reviews. I hope this helps. Good Luck!
  • alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have just bought Sassoon ceramic straighteners in the U.K at Boots in the sale for £12. So far so good but not sure if they'll last, but for £12 I'm not too bothered if they don't!!
  • littlequinns
    littlequinns Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a hair straightening junkie ...lol!!! I understand what you mean about the cheap ones, they just don't cut it. I am also a cosmetologist, so in the beauty buisness as well. I curently have a babyliss 500 with with tourmaline, and I love it. It gets really hot and doesn't have rough edges that snag and frizz the hair. I have had it about 4 years now. It ran about $100. Good luck!!
    Katie
  • KingSmurf
    Options
    Hi, I agree with Munchiemooka. I think GHD produces the best hair straightener. They are a little more expensive but it's worth it!
  • ckw92170
    ckw92170 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I meant to say GHD not GBH.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I used a Solia for years and LOVED it. I'm using a Chi I bought in a pinch and I am so not happy with it. I miss my Solia.
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I know you said you didn't use cheap ones, but I got a Revlon straightener for 30 bucks. I love it. It straightens my hair better than a Chi.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I got a GVP ceramic 2" over a year ago, and LOVE it. It was cheaper than chi so i went for it.
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have a Ceramix hair straightener and LOVE it. it's lasted me over 5 years so far. The only thing that is starting to not 'work properly' is it has a bit of a wobble now because I use it to curl my hair as well.

http://www.fabove.ca/p/isinis_ceramix_flatirons/Isinis-Flat-Iron-2565.html
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Mine is a BabyLiss. I love it. My hair always looks so nice and straight. I've heard from hairstylists that it's the best on the market, it's also not cheap ;). I also hear it's intended for professionals, which is why I got it on Amazon. :laugh:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Solia from Folica.com
    http://www.folica.com/tools/flat-irons/solia-tourmaline-ceramic-ionic-hair-styling-iron-and-three-quarter-inch-plus-free-heat-proof-pouch
    (has thousands of reviews)

It's lasted for 4 years so far, heats up in less than 5 minutes, temperature adjusts to up to 450 degrees, and it works on all hair textures. My cousins are black and white, and both have very different textured hair from each other. They constantly borrow my straightener. My hair straightens in less than 15 minutes.
  • shadykindoflady
    Options
    plugged in <3