Where are all the soon to be brides?!

Options
Heyy I heard about this site a couple weeks ago from the wedding website theknot. A lot of girls were talking about how great this site is to help with losing weight. I would have to agree with them. I am just starting out but have seen better results than anything else I have started. I am 23 years old and I will be getting married 0ct 20, 2012 :love: I would like to be down to my goal weight of 135 or very close to it by December when I plan on going to look at dresses. I have 31lbs to go!!

Any other young brides to be.. or any brides of any age on here looking to motivate or looking for motivation.. ADD ME :flowerforyou:
cause I know it gets hard and I can use all the help I can get.

Replies

• AlmostMrsP
    AlmostMrsP Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Not really a "young" bride at 30, but I'm getting married next June.

Already started dress shopping but I'm going to wait until October to order in hopes that I will be done one size by then.

I really just want to look and feel my best on my wedding day. Loving MFP for helping me to get there.
  • jlaquinn
    jlaquinn Posts: 13
    Options
    30 is the new 20..lol with that being said Im 23.. so that would make me 13 :( loI

I havent started dress shopping yet.. I will start in December thats when we take vacation time to go back home for the holidays and then I can go dress shopping with my mom and sister. SO I have a little under 4 months to get down to where I want to be..

and same with me I want to look my best on that day. Oct 20, 2012:heart:
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! I'm getting married 3/10/12 and it can't get here soon enough! I actually bought my dress months ago in my current size. I just played in it today and it looks amazing!! I have to be at my goal weight by the end of the year b/c I'm taking bridal pictures in January and any alterations will have to be done by then. I'm absolutely cannot wait for my day!! Feel free to add me!!
  • poisongirl1
    poisongirl1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Haha I'm just like you! I'm also 23, looking to lose about 35lbs, getting married same month (Oct 13 2012) AND heard of this site from theknot. Hahaha it's almost creepy! I haven't a clue when I'm going to start dress shopping though, but I know I'd like to lose some weight before I do.
  • HappyLuna
    HappyLuna Posts: 112
    Options
    I'm getting married in Aug 2012 :smile:

Going to start dress shopping next month. Have venue booked, done menu tasting, brought bridesmaid dresses. Its all very exciting!

I have 12lbs left to shift and I am confident they will be gone by the wedding day. Doing some body sculpting(sp?) too because I want to look amazing in my dress! Yes I am vain, I don't care its my wedding day!!!

Best of luck everyone who is planning a wedding and losing those lbs :smile:
  • jlaquinn
    Options
    Haha I'm just like you! I'm also 23, looking to lose about 35lbs, getting married same month (Oct 13 2012) AND heard of this site from theknot. Hahaha it's almost creepy! I haven't a clue when I'm going to start dress shopping though, but I know I'd like to lose some weight before I do.

very creepy!! lol I sent you an add.. we can def be eachothers motivation!
  • jlaquinn
    Options
    CONGRATS all you brides to be!! This is def an EXCITING time!!
  • jlaquinn
    Options
    CONGRATS all you brides to be!! This is def an EXCITING time!!
  • jackalaylee
    jackalaylee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello hello! I'm a 23-year-old bride-to-be as well, my date is June 30, 2012. I just ordered my dress today so I'm super motivated now to get in better shape and lose this "happy weight" (even though for the first time ever, I felt BEAUTIFUL in the mirror!).
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I am not getting married anytime in the foreseeable future, but just wanted to say CONGRATS!!!! :flowerforyou: And best of luck with your weight loss!
  • rainbowbrite98
    Options
    I just got married last month and seeing the wedding pictures were a bit of a wake up call for me. I'm sick and tired of being fat. My wedding pictures will forever be a reminder of what I WILL NOT be going back to.

Congrats to all the soon to be brides! One piece of advice from a control freak- Do not sweat the small stuff. Really. Something is bound to go wrong on your big day and the best thing you can do is let it roll right off your back. Stressing about the small stuff was the worst! I wish I could do it all over again with that in mind. Well. Not really. I'm happy to be married and that chapter of my life closed. We are focusing on baby making now. :blushing: