Skipping meals

Options
Newbie to fitness. I workout everyday for a minimum of one hour. I’m doing low impact cardio and very basic strength training. I changed my diet and I eat healthy. I’m doing really good. My problem is NOT hunger oddly enough (I was eating all the time before I started). My question is should I start having some sort of meal replacement shakes? I have been skipping breakfast because I am NOT hungry. Should I force myself to have something?

Replies

• hunhun57
    hunhun57 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi , If your not hungry you don’t have to eat a breakfast. People who do intermittent fasting don’t have a breakfast but eat a healthy lunch and dinner . It’s up to you! I know we have always been told to eat a healthy breakfast to start your day but that’s not true.
    I hope you have a wonderful day . If you like to add me as a friend you may .
  • Nanaluvs2sweat
    Nanaluvs2sweat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you 😊
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Do you eat back your exercise calories? Are your overall calories what you are supposed to be eating or are you undereating? It doesn't matter when you eat, just that you get enough calories so you don't feel deprived and don't end up with health issues.
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I workout an hour everyday pretty similar. Either kickboxing, HIIT, strength or something level II or III (lol I push myself).
    Workout is usually anytime between 7-10am. I never eat breakfast, just not hungry when I wake up. Usually not hungry until about 3 hours after a workout.
    I believe in eating when you are hungry but always eating enough.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    The timing of when you eat doesn't matter, but eating enough is important. So if you are not finding yourself hungry and also not eating your calories for the day, you should look into adding more calorie dense foods into your diet. But as long as you get the appropriate amount of calories, it doesn't matter if you eat 1 meal or 6.