The rocky road to IVF

Options
After what feels like forever waiting for tests and appointments, getting on the actual list with an estimate of how many months to wait to get our first round of IVF is now in sight. I’m aiming to shift from overweight (verge of obese) into healthy BMI range for the first time as an adult. And trying not to let emotional eating make me consume all the carbs!

Anyone else on this rocky old road, or been down it in the past? Company / tips / motivation to stay sane very welcome indeed!

Replies

• cjingles
    cjingles Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I’ve not been through it, but just wanted to say good luck—you got this!
  • lem44mfp
    lem44mfp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    cjingles wrote: »
    I’ve not been through it, but just wanted to say good luck—you got this!
    Thank you :smiley:
  • Ar_cervantes
    Ar_cervantes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I’m planning to start the IVF process in January but taking the rest of this year to get to a healthy BMI as well! Sending you a friend request!
  • Doodlepoodlemfp
    Doodlepoodlemfp Posts: 41 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I’ve been through the process twice. It’s a hard, emotional road I’m afraid. No one can change the outcome but positive thinking and believing works wonders I recon.
    I’m now mummy to 2 children and have been able put the heart ache behind me. I wish you all the luck in the world. Online forums are very helpful, I’m not sure if your UK based or not but certainly a website called fertility friends UK was very active with all aspects of fertility issues when I was going through it. Just being able to voice thoughts and concerns to people going through the same thing, often in the same area, but with that added protection of being anonymous was a life saver for me, it’s well worth a look x