Control your Mind!

Options
leme9
leme9 Posts: 5 Member
It’s all in the mind, you can achieve the looks you desire by following exactly what the blueprint says, there’s always a certain way to accomplish a goal but the thing is we always want to alter that blueprint and hence the goal take longer. It’s important to used your will power and be consistent if you truly NEED results.

Replies

• 1998SK
    1998SK Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So agree :)
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    It’s not all about will power, hate to say.
    There are many people that need to learn alternative skills to managing their emotions besides turning to food. And there are LOTS of people that have learned to turn to food for comfort. All the willpower in the world won’t change that unless they get to the bottom of the emotional reasons they eat.
  • leme9
    Options
    Most of our bad habits are due to laziness and lack of will power. That’s why I said change your mindset and those emotional reasons will gradually change. It will happen just be positive.
  • Nanaluvs2sweat
    Nanaluvs2sweat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You do have a point. I agree that it does boil down to willpower and how badly you want something regardless of your circumstances and what you have been through.
  • leme9
    Options
    All I’m saying is if you change your mindset and be consistent you will achieve your goals.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Momentum will carry you further down the road than motivation and willpower. The brain is the master controller. You may think you can harness it until you can't. We are not magically fixed when all of the weight is lost. If it were so, rebound weight gain with friends wouldn't happen to anyone.
  • leme9
    Options
    When you change your mindset your awareness of how everything works expands and your knowledge grows along
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    You can do all of those things but where the rubber really meets the road is what can you do in a crisis or real emergency. All of the new knowledge and mindset awareness flies right out the window if it's not already deeply ingrained and firmly established in your neural pathways. Those pathways are the strongest of all and we've been laying down those tracks since early childhood.
  • forestfreek
    Options
    leme9 wrote: »
    When you change your mindset your awareness of how everything works expands and your knowledge grows along

Lol yes but changing your mindset is not about willpower. It’s about educating yourself and doing a lot of hard work to undo what’s for some people years of learning to rely on food for emotional reasons. Your story is not everyone’s. That’s why I was saying you shouldn’t generalize. It’s a bit demeaning to people who struggle with food dependency and depression to say it’s all about willpower.

• Diatonic12
    Options
    @forestfreek Correct. If it were so we could clear out all of the hospitals and addiction treatment centers. Done.
  • leme9
    Options
    Forestfreek You’re missing the point here lol when I say it’s in the mind, if John Joe wants to improve his life style he has to break out of whatever emotionally reason holding him back. He might feel it hard to do so because his subconscious mind is program that way. However he is consciously aware of the situation, so he can change his habits, be consistent and believe in the goals he set eventually it will end up in his subconscious mind. Life is about helping each other so I don’t know why you say I’m generalizing. I’m just trying to help!
  • forestfreek
    Options
    Nah, not missing the point at all.
    I just don't happen to agree with you.
    Have a great day :)