Let me talk about my husband for a second....

Options
2»

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I believe you are on the right track, but the more you tell him you are right, the less likely he will try your idea of resting.

Let him do what ever he wants to do, even though it sucks to watch him in pain. Wait for him to ask for advice before you give it, and he might just follow your suggestions.
  • Grumpelina
    Grumpelina Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My husband just did a 100 mile ride today - in the highlands of Scotland!

During his few months of training we realised that he needed more fuel during his rides in order to be OK when he finished. Therefore (to the amusement of 'serious' riders, sure) he used a very large camelback (4litres) but filled with a carb/electrolyte liquid mix, rather than plain water. He also took several snickers bars!

He is a pretty serious runner, so his legs are used to endurance distances - but cycling requires the use of different muscles. He ached pretty hard until he made sure he was getting enough nutrients *during* his rides.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I think he should rest, eat more and drink more water. Also go for a nice massage.
  • Kaycurrier
    Kaycurrier Posts: 231
    Options
    my hubby is the same way, he is a Marine (in the army now) and as he approaches 40 he realizes, I can't do the same things or eat the same way I use to and get away with it, lol
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    the wife is always right.