Track chaos? or cheat day?

g_racedisneygirl
g_racedisneygirl Posts: 13 Member
edited July 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a kids Bday bbq, and 2 potluck bbqs that I'm making appearances at today..chips, cakes, homemade desserts,sides, salads..I'm running a few miles pre parties and I'm confident I'm not going to gorge but should I attempt to track or consider it a cheat day.
*update.
I'm going to track as I can, not obsess over whether its exact so I don't feel overwhelmed.

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    I’d guess and keep my tracking momentum going but that’s me.
  • g_racedisneygirl
    I plan on tracking what can but for some of the sides I wasn't sure how to measure out all the combinations of ingredients,..
  • g_racedisneygirl
    I agree. Sometimes it’s easy to let not logging a meal slips into not logging a day, which slips into not logging a week, —-. Just log the best you can, don’t worry about it, and continue logging. More for keeping in the habit than for accuracy today.
    Have a fun day!

Very true..thanks
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,343 Member
    I log as best I can. That way. If my weight is up a day or two later, I can flip back and say, oh yeah, that’s the chips and salsa and that big old handful of peanuts at bunco and know it’s most likely water weight.

It also helps me reverse-rationalize. “Ok, breath deep now, you enjoyed several 4,000+ days on vacation and didn’t flip the switch back to obese overnight.” So I know it will be all good the next time.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    Take pictures of your plate(s)
    Guestimate.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Take pictures of your plate(s)
    Guestimate.

This^^

I recently took a week off from logging, but it was because I was under so much personal stress that all I was doing was eat. As soon as the stress let up I started logging again. Prior to that I had nearly three years without a break - logging nearly every day.

I toyed with the thought of just trying to maintain my weight without logging, but looking at my past attempts at that over the last decade I decided not to do it. I believe habit and routine is very good for my personal discipline.

Pictures work great when at parties!