Seeking Friends!

Options
abble_pie
abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
Hello-
I'm back after a long MFP hiatus. I successfully lost 20 pounds with weight watchers, but I'm looking for a change of platform to keep me interested. I'm looking to lose 20 more pounds. My main problem is SNACKING and eating garbage foods at work. I'm a horrible lunch packer, and will often go grab food. My other problem is being active. I'd love to make some new friends on here for accountability and motivation. Thanks for reading!

Replies

• iDad74
    iDad74 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. That snacking struggle is real. Feel free to add me.
  • Ellevated
    Ellevated Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome back. Add me if you like. I'm very active on MFP.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m in need of accountability! I have the exercise down, but I can’t seem to stop stuffing my face! 😩
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Something that has been helping me is the friends list with the open diary.

Make a good friends list on here, set privacy to open food dairy to friends... It really makes one conscious about what they're logging when you know other people can view it. And comparing own diary to others' diaries!!

Good luck!!
  • beauteeousness_365
    beauteeousness_365 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    MichSmish I have the same problem 🤦🏽‍♀️
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Compulsive snacking:

Tips for compulsive snacking: put healthier snacks readily available in cupboards and fridge. I know people say things like carrots and celery with a little ranch or peanut butter, granola mixes. But I don't think those are practical to stick with at first after living on chips, fast food, cheesy beer pretzels, fried mozzarella sticks, etc.

I started reading labels and looking for more natural ingredients. Like plantain chips or quinoa chips with a home made french onion dip (surprisingly very easy and quick to make).

Cookies like Trader Joe's mini chocolate chip, Trader Joe's vanilla wafers, or 365 cookies. The serving size is pretty big on these, but the calories aren't. I started looking for the ingredient pure cane sugar instead corn syrup (which is hidden with about 10 different names).

The more natural snacks with better ingredients, not only tasted better than the crap I'd been eating, they were way more satisfying!

I've given plenty of blind taste tests to friends and family, things like cane sugar style oreos from whole foods 365, against regular name brand corn syrup Oreos. Trader Joe's vanilla wafers against regular brands.... Natural always wins by a landslide!

Good luck to everyone!!

• ShauniO92
    ShauniO92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You took words out of my mouth!
    I’m back from a hiatus bloat 2 stone with slimming world then put it all back in. Trying to give calorie counting a go this time so fingers crossed. Feel free to add me. I’m 27 xx
  • Me4now2Day
    Me4now2Day Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • jlmuse
    jlmuse Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am just starting but feel free to add me. I would love some accountability.
  • shireeh7
    shireeh7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m just starting to use MFP properly, feel free to add me 😊
  • almaddox0421
    almaddox0421 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me! I’m on every day. And pretty positive! Good luck! 👍🏼

April
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. Support and motivation for each other is always great!! 🙂
  • FoodExercise
    FoodExercise Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi there, happy to be a friend. Will get support and understanding, definitely!