Does anyone else feel like this sometimes

Options
So today I'm feeling kinda lonely and missing someone right now. And everytime I feel like this I listen to a song that reminds me of him and it's Nickelback "gotta be somebody". When this song first came out he didn't like cause he was going through his own personal stuff and I loved it. Now everytime I hear it, I miss him more and I feel even more lonely. Just curious if anyone else has a song that they listen to when they are feeling lonely or missing someone that was once was special in their life.

Replies

• emptysh0ebox
    Options
    mee
  • Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    I feel like that a lot - especially last night.
    friday night and home alone :\
    i listen to tons of depressing songs too haha.
  • Dolphingirlie81
    Options
    I feel like that a lot - especially last night.
    friday night and home alone :\
    i listen to tons of depressing songs too haha.

exactly! why do we do that. We are already feeling lonely and depressed but yet we put on songs that make us feel more depressed and lonely.. Lol
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Megadeth - In My Darkest Hour. I used to always listen to it in all my darkest hours
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Johnny Cash's cover of NIN's "Hurt."

I bawl like a baby listening to that. The song always moved me, because it's so damn haunting.

My father died about a year and a half ago, and his 18 year old dog died the next day. We had the dog cremated. When I was driving home from picking up his ashes, that song was on the radio. The line, "What have I become, my sweetest friend? Everyone I know goes away, in the end," hit me. I'd cried a lot for my Dad, but this time, I was crying for Chester. I'm tearing up now, just thinking about it.

Then a year ago, after my cat Fergus died, I had the same thing. In the car, just picked up his ashes, and the song played. It's my "mourning all my sweet critters" song. :cry: It's a good cry, though. It lets me know I still feel.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    All the time right now... he put a ton of music on my computer, so I hear it all the time. The worst part is that he doesn't want to be with me, and he just moved to Alaska for 3 months with no internet so I won't even be able to talk to him :(

(if you saw my post regarding someone pissing me off which is what lead to my determination to lose weight and get in shape, this is the person)
  • chollingshed74
    chollingshed74 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've been there too....Beyonce has a great "women's theme song" out right now (Best Thing)....i want you to listen to it and tell me how you feel after....im thinking it will help ;-)
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Yes!! My dad died when I was 17 and there is an Oak Ridge Boys song called "I guess it never hurts to hurt sometimes" and the reason this song gets me is (1) because my dad and I listened to their songs a lot when I was little and (2) because there is a line in the song "sometimes it makes me sad that we never said goodbye" and that line kills me because I never got to say goodbye to my dad, he died so suddenly and was cremated and shipped up to Massachusetts to be buried so (I know this is gonna sound gory) I never got to say goodbye to his body because he was just a pile of ashes.
  • Dolphingirlie81
    Options
    I've been there too....Beyonce has a great "women's theme song" out right now (Best Thing)....i want you to listen to it and tell me how you feel after....im thinking it will help ;-)

Oh wow, I just youtubed it and listened to it. That's a great song. Thanks for sharing! Another song that is good is Leona Lewis (Better in time). And to be honest, part of the split was cause I was stubborn.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Every time I hear Hootie and the BlowFish I feel the need to punch the radio. I once dated this little a$$hat that loved Hootie. Anyway when we broke up he would not return my Nine Inch Nails tapes (yes I've long enough to own music on tapes and on vinyl). Long story short, putting a brick though the side window of a car is infinitely easier then putting it through the windshield, and I realy hate Hootie and the Blow Fish.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I do not miss this person but this song always makes me think of them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAFTnvzHrsM
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Yes!! My dad died when I was 17 and there is an Oak Ridge Boys song called "I guess it never hurts to hurt sometimes" and the reason this song gets me is (1) because my dad and I listened to their songs a lot when I was little and (2) because there is a line in the song "sometimes it makes me sad that we never said goodbye" and that line kills me because I never got to say goodbye to my dad, he died so suddenly and was cremated and shipped up to Massachusetts to be buried so (I know this is gonna sound gory) I never got to say goodbye to his body because he was just a pile of ashes.

My dad died five years ago. He loved Christmas. I CANNOT listen to the song, "I'll Be Home For Christmas" without crying. That line, "I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams." GAAAAHHHHH... Now I'm weepy. THANKS YOU GUYS!!! Jerks. :wink:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    My first boyfriend introduced me to Incubus and got me more into the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Now when I listen to certain songs I still feel like, "<.< ..."

My second boyfriend and I would sing this Chinese song together, and I don't listen to it anymore because of that reason haha

One of my old cats meowed one day (years ago) when I was listening to this Korean song and every time I hear the song I still hear him meow...
  • Autumn15
    Autumn15 Posts: 213
    Options
    Evanescence - My Immortal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5anLPw0Efmo