imo the best worst horror movie is still Troll 2
    giphy.gif
    how dare you.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    hunnahs26 wrote: »
    The Ring was horrible, Blair Witch Project, and Green River Killer. Horrible. Lol.

You didn't like The Green River Killer? I actually really enjoyed that one!

I laughed and turned it off. Funny thing is I live near a Green River and always think of that.

I assumed the movie was about Gary Ridgeway?
  • GimmeAMalt
    GimmeAMalt Posts: 83 Member
    The Beautician and the Beast
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    The Battery (2012)
    This so bad it's painful...
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    hunnahs26 wrote: »
    The Ring was horrible, Blair Witch Project, and Green River Killer. Horrible. Lol.

You didn't like The Green River Killer? I actually really enjoyed that one!

I laughed and turned it off. Funny thing is I live near a Green River and always think of that.

I assumed the movie was about Gary Ridgeway?

I cant remember. It was so long ago. I just remember the opener being cheesy and low budget. I didnt finish it.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    PWRLFTR1 wrote: »
    Nightmare on Elm Street. I remember people telling how I just had to see it, it was soooooo scary. So finally one night, home alone, I watched it on cable...and laughed my *kitten* off. Never watched any of the sequels.

I watched that on VHS when it was new...home alone at 8 years old as a latchkey kid and wasn't scared so I tend to agree with you wholeheartedly.
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited April 2019
    PWRLFTR1 wrote: »
    Nightmare on Elm Street. I remember people telling how I just had to see it, it was soooooo scary. So finally one night, home alone, I watched it on cable...and laughed my *kitten* off. Never watched any of the sequels.

I watched that on VHS when it was new...home alone at 8 years old as a latchkey kid and wasn't scared so I tend to agree with you wholeheartedly.

The first one terrified me as a child, especially the Tina in a body bag scene
    kpvdfkovmbjx.gif
    The sequels were definitely comical to me though.
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Club Dread
  • Pickle107
    Pickle107 Posts: 153 Member
    Don't Look Now. I know it's meant to be a classic but I laughed through it.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    That new Blair Witch movie was pretty bad
  • numatist68
    numatist68 Posts: 4 Member
    The one with Paris hilton

Repo?
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I dunno but "Velocipastor" is on my to-watch list so stay tuned
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    .... definitely Robo Vampire. or RoboGeisha... and I have seen a lot of bad B horror films.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Frankenhooker
  • Reckoner68
    .... definitely Robo Vampire. or RoboGeisha... and I have seen a lot of bad B horror films.

I contend that Robogeisha was not *bad*

It was....unique
  • Reckoner68
    iMago wrote: »
    Frankenhooker

This sounds so familiar, I can't remember if I've seen it or not though. Gonna have to look it up.
  • iMago
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Frankenhooker

This sounds so familiar, I can't remember if I've seen it or not though. Gonna have to look it up.

i actually watched it when i was like 10. even then i thought it was awful.
    like Troll 2 though, at least it has a disturbing ending.
  • Reckoner68
    Frankenhooker

The worst part about Troll 2 was them going to "Nilbog"

That grates on me to this very day

and I checked--I haven't seen Frankenhooker, I was thinking of a different "my girlfriend is pieced together from other girls" movie that I've forgotten the title of now
  • iMago
    Frankenhooker

and I checked--I haven't seen Frankenhooker, I was thinking of a different "my girlfriend is pieced together from other girls" movie that I've forgotten the title of now

you ought to check out "Best Worst Movie" sometimes. its a documentary about Troll 2, shot by the guy who played the little boy in it back in the day. he's got interviews with most of the cast and it's actually kind of sad. like one of the actors was a mental patient who checked himself out for the day to go shoot his part of the movie.
  • Reckoner68
    Frankenhooker

you ought to check out "Best Worst Movie" sometimes. its a documentary about Troll 2, shot by the guy who played the little boy in it back in the day. he's got interviews with most of the cast and it's actually kind of sad. like one of the actors was a mental patient who checked himself out for the day to go shoot his part of the movie.

Noted, that sounds fascinating. I have a few...well, "friends" insinuates a closer relationship, but maybe I should say that people in a few of my "circles" have done some B movies and the whole idea fascinates me. It's an interesting niche, because I think that creating a good-bad movie is way more difficult than creating a bad movie that was supposed to be good. I've always suspected that Goblin 2 was the latter; not self-aware enough, maybe, to provide the viewer with that sense of "Heh, we're all in this together. Just hold on." So when it falls, it falls hard.