TonnnnUK Posts: 132 Member
    It's better up north..... :smirk:
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Yes ex Londoner on the south coast

V muggy here.
  • Nayghtymuffin
    Nayghtymuffin Posts: 40 Member
    It’s a lovely evening now, would be even nicer if I was sitting out in a pub garden with a nice long cool drink x
  • lorri71
    lorri71 Posts: 95 Member
    I am from London. Wet and muggy at the moment.
  • kevinflemming1982
    kevinflemming1982 Posts: 158 Member
    You can tell those from England. OP is just asking whether there are some from the south, straight away complaining about the weather lol.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    You can tell those from England. OP is just asking whether there are some from the south, straight away complaining about the weather lol.

If you don't complain about the weather are you even English though?
  • nooboots
    ghudson92 wrote: »

If you don't complain about the weather are you even English though?

It should be part of those citizen tests, can you have a prolonged boring conversation about the weather (in which you will complain whether its hot or cold), can you measure things in terms of football pitches or double decker buses and will you involuntarily roll your eyes at the mention of brexit.
  • kevinflemming1982
    kevinflemming1982 Posts: 158 Member
    nooboots wrote: »
    involuntarily roll your eyes at the mention of brexit.
    651b036f0b64cecbaf97350508ffd398fd440c9f.gif

• Nayghtymuffin
    Rained all night here at Ascot Berkshire, but it’s now a lovely bright morning, certainly not cold.
    As I’m writing this my new rescue cat is clawing her way up my curtains, 😀 she’s only a kitten, but she will learn the word No
    Have a great weekend everyone, and good luck to anyone weighing in.
    xx
  • ghudson92
    Rained all night here at Ascot Berkshire, but it’s now a lovely bright morning, certainly not cold.
    As I’m writing this my new rescue cat is clawing her way up my curtains, 😀 she’s only a kitten, but she will learn the word No
    xx

Hahaha no she won't :lol:

It has been raining all morning here in Kent, yet still seasonably warm. Brexit makes me shudder to my core.

Do I pass? Am I English enough? I also adore loose leaf tea, orderly queues, and swoon at proper annunciation.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Deja vu.

South Africa is as far south as it gets before hitting the south pole. It has been a blustery blistery day with not a drop of rain in sight to settle the dust. I'm actually wearing two layers of long sleeves. Shocking right 😜
  • nooboots
    xx

It has been raining all morning here in Kent, yet still seasonably warm. Brexit makes me shudder to my core.

Do I pass? Am I English enough? I also adore loose leaf tea, orderly queues, and swoon at proper annunciation.

Depends, can you calculate the height of your house using Eddie Stobart trucks as a guide?!

Im in south east Kent, boiling here. Just been for breakfast on the sea front.
  • ghudson92
    xx

Depends, can you calculate the height of your house using Eddie Stobart trucks as a guide?!

Im in south east Kent, boiling here. Just been for breakfast on the sea front.

My house is an easy 1.5 stobart trucks high.

I'm in the south east too. Bloody baking. Just been for a fish and chip lunch on the river front.
  • nooboots
    Ooh lovely, now is that Medway, Canterbury? Maidstone?
  • Sharsou
    Sharsou Posts: 8,844 Member
    It’s amazing outside.. bright n sunny.. I’m from down south Brighton!
  • ghudson92
    Ooh lovely, now is that Medway, Canterbury? Maidstone?

Medway currently, although originally from gravesham. Where abouts on the coast are you?
  • Nayghtymuffin
    Quite dreary ☹️ here at Ascot this morning, no sun 🌞 as yet.
    How’s everyone else doing?
  • Sharsou
    Sharsou Posts: 8,844 Member
    Cloudy at Brighton, few traces of sun in the entire morning and still cloudy
  • Nayghtymuffin
    Very warm here at Ascot now, sitting in garden with a cold drink.